• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/2-4/3 Significant Late-Season Snowstorm (WI/MI)

29 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Today locally is like what every day was in April 2018. Glad we don't have a cold pattern locking in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

God that April sucked. And coming just 4 years after 2014 which similarly had a much BA pattern locked in for the first 6-8 weeks or so of "spring," I was really afraid that was the new normal.

God that April sucked. And coming just 4 years after 2014 which similarly had a much BA pattern locked in for the first 6-8 weeks or so of "spring," I was really afraid that was the new normal.
When April 2019 started off better, felt optimistic, and then had incessant precip the 2nd half plus of that month including the two big snow events. The genuinely nice Aprils are rare around here, but the truly awful ones like 2014 and 2018 definitely stand out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Blizzard warning replaced this afternoon with a wsw for 6-8 inches tonight as snow has picked back up the past couple hours after a lull this afternoon.  Ratios today were closer to 6-7:1 so totals will be much lower than forecast but the snow is extremely dense.  A couple pics from earlier today.

581571593_thumbnail(2).thumb.jpg.09f00fa9657a460194b3be927aadf206.jpg

193387948_thumbnail(4).thumb.jpg.75736cfc507dd220624fab2b43bbe21c.jpg

Beautiful. The storm sure was a dud outside of the higher elevations/huron mountains (and even there, much lower than forecast).

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Beautiful. The storm sure was a dud outside of the higher elevations/huron mountains (and even there, much lower than forecast).

For sure. Herman over to Eagle Mine to my area received a foot overnight, with me seeing another 8 today. Herman and Eagle mine will report in the morning their totals for today. South east of here Mqt received 8.3 overnight and 6.1 today with a LE of 2.5”.

if in fact I see 6-8 tonight I will exceed the 2 foot mark so still a great late season storm. MQT might break 20” as well. Had ratios been the 10:1 expected, the bigger totals would have panned out here in the higher terrain. Marquette the city was just a bust all together. 

• Like 2

We maxed out at about 5 inches on the ground around midnight on Wednesday. We switched to mix after that and we only had about 2 inches after that. One thing about this though is how wet it is here now. We went from basically no puddles when it rained two weeks ago to now puddles everywhere on the lawns and sidewalks. GRB has had 1.36 inches in the last three days and 2.76 inches in the last three weeks. Talk about a turnaround here

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stebo said:

Marquette yesterday ended up with 14" of snow on 2.40" of liquid. Talk about a complete cement job.

MQT's total as of this morning 7 am 19" 3.25 LE

Got dumped on here last night.  

Haven't been out yet but getting ready to start clearing snow.  Just looking out, it's deep.  Snowed all night.

IMG_2694.thumb.jpg.fd46a97913751b1502e58b46693d10f3.jpg

aprilsnow.jpg.4ee4218760ab5b294ec8c6409c781f65.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

MQT's total as of this morning 7 am 18.9" 3.22 LE

Got dumped on here last night.  

Haven't been out yet but getting ready to start clearing snow.  Just looking out, it's deep.  Snowed all night.

IMG_2694.thumb.jpg.fd46a97913751b1502e58b46693d10f3.jpg

aprilsnow.jpg.4ee4218760ab5b294ec8c6409c781f65.jpg

How are the chickens handling all of this?

Here's some bigger totals I've been able to find so far.  I'm sure MQT will post event totals later today.

Eagle Mine co-op 9sw Big bay- 33" 

My house- 28"

Herman co-op- 28" (2.10 LE- average ratio 13:1) a little sus with that ratio.

Ishpeming NWS employee 24"

Nat'l Mine NWS employee 24"

MQT office 19" (3.25" LE- average ratio 5.8:1)

Champion co-op- 17.5" (3.27 LE- average ratio 5.3:1)

• Like 5

Had a period of snow in the area Wednesday morning, which then transitioned to RASN by midday and then RA for the afternoon.

There was another period of RASN this morning, which transitioned to RA by midday.

No measurable snowfall accumulation at ORD with either bout of precip the past two days.

1" of snow here on Tuesday.  Took heavy rates to add up to that as the ground was wet and it was the middle of the day.  That snow was completely gone by yesterday morning.  Snowed much of yesterday but it didn't even dust the grass.  Shows how hard it was coming down on Tuesday.

Saw a few bursts of white rain earlier this afternoon.

• Like 1