Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

9 hours ago, tamarack said:

We were driving our 1971 Beetle from NNJ to northern Maine that day, stopping at my BIL's apartment in Boston for dinner (meat and potatoes - a salad would've been nice.)  and that little air-cooled engine was so hot that when we stopped, we could hear the pings as it tried to cool.  Outside the apartment a rat ran across in front of us and tried to go into a hole by the steps but was too fat and had to back out and go elsewhere.  (We were not impressed.)  When we arrived home in Fort Kent, it was 40° and cloudy.  After the sweaty marathon 16-hour trip, we loved it.
I'll be at Pittston Farm north of Moosehead next Thurs-Sat, in time for the cool down.  May see some flurries?

I went to a hockey game at the old Garden and saw a rat so big in the parking lot I thought it was a dog.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

TOOORRCCHHH!!

Those folks who didn't install are going to regret it. They just wouldn't listen. We tried to tell 'em. Imagine trying to sleep with temperatures in the forties.

Screenshot_20240419_204400_Google.jpg

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

You got the new ones?

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s what happens when you use phone apps, and old numbers from NWS for forecasts :lol:

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Imagine. Endless data and charts avail yet using that 90's AOL looking app

Absolutely nothing changed a week of 50s /30s with a hard freeze Thursday AM. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Absolutely nothing changed a week of 50s /30s with a hard freeze Thursday AM. 

Other than the op GFS every single piece of guidance got rid of that cold shot idea lol. It’s a day of temps near 60 now .Before furnace 28th and on 

https://x.com/clarkkenwxman/status/1781393248600383664?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Other than the op GFS every single piece of guidance got rid of that cold shot idea lol. It’s a day of temps near 60 now .Before furnace 28th and on 

https://x.com/clarkkenwxman/status/1781393248600383664?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

You better alert the authorities on your new data run. They have it struggling to reach 60 this week. Boy are they going to be surprised when it's in the mid '80s all week!

Screenshot_20240420_073502_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kdxken said:

You better alert the authorities on your new data run. They have it struggling to reach 60 this week. Boy are they going to be surprised when it's in the mid '80s all week!

Screenshot_20240420_073502_Chrome.jpg

There you go again using old and bad forecasts. Carry on I guess and then be surprised from the misinformation 

6 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

April 29th  is the warmest day on the EPS through the 4th and its not a torch by any means 

sfct-mean-imp.us_ne.png

It’s muted on an ensemble mean. That’s pretty warm if it already has that. H5 is a warm look.

• Like 3