Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Congrats Dendrite Deck Destroyer 3/23-3/25 obs discussion

Ginx snewx

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Here’s the problem. The mix line on dual pol was already up to MHT at 11z. My mom in Hooksett is reporting a mix right now so it’s near CON.
image.png

Latest metar for MHT

METAR KMHT 231153Z COR 05004KT 1SM R35/P6000FT -SN BR FEW008 OVC021 M01/M03 A3018 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 1/4 SLP237 P0009 60038 70038 T10111033 11006 21011 58004

3 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

Latest metar for MHT

METAR KMHT 231153Z COR 05004KT 1SM R35/P6000FT -SN BR FEW008 OVC021 M01/M03 A3018 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 1/4 SLP237 P0009 60038 70038 T10111033 11006 21011 58004

There may be some grains mixing in but it isn’t all snow. Mostly sleet. There’s been some UP obs in 5 min obs too. The ASOS won’t report PL unless the observer feels like augmenting it today. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

There may be some grains mixing in but it isn’t all snow. Mostly sleet. There’s been some UP obs in 5 min obs too. The ASOS won’t report PL unless the observer feels like augmenting it today. 

Pounding sleet in Bedford NH per @NHDrySlot

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pounding sleet in Bedford NH per @NHDrySlot

I mean maybe the NAM is a little too aggressive, but it’s a lot closer than the HRRR to my eyes. 11z still has MHT as all snow at 14z while the 3k nammy has the mix line up to me. So we’ll see where we stand at 10am. 

But CC really doesn’t lie in these situations. The cold and occasional stronger lift is helping to fight the mix line off at times but it’s coming eventually. Boyd Hall up at 1P1 will probably stay mostly snow though. 
animated.gif

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I mean maybe the NAM is a little too aggressive, but it’s a lot closer than the HRRR to my eyes. 11z still has MHT as all snow at 14z while the 3k nammy has the mix line up to me. So we’ll see where we stand at 10am. 

But CC really doesn’t lie in these situations. The cold and occasional stronger lift is helping to fight the mix line off at times but it’s coming eventually. Boyd Hall up at 1P1 will probably stay mostly snow though. 
animated.gif

I could care less if the mix line gets up to me, I am just hoping Cannon stays all snow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

animated.gif

Thank you for bringing the eagle back.  I’m not up there to enjoy the storm, but I do peek at my home security camera from time to time. on a personal front, we are in Bogotá as our first child was just born a few days ago. The second one is due later in May.  I am coming home on Monday for a few days to pick up some additional items because we had to rush down to Bogotá as he was born early. So I hope I can get up my driveway on Monday night. Hopefully this is the last hurrah and spring comes soon, all the best to everyone! 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

About 4" so far eyeballing it.

Feels like BTV was a bit too aggressive with those >15” totals yesterday. I think you’re going to be closer with your 8”-14” call. Of course @klwis piling it up already so maybe the bigger totals are just a bit SE of me. 

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Thank you for bringing the eagle back.  I’m not up there to enjoy the storm, but I do peek at my home security camera from time to time. on a personal front, we are in Bogotá as our first child was just born a few days ago. The second one is due later in May.  I am coming home on Monday for a few days to pick up some additional items because we had to rush down to Bogotá as he was born early. So I hope I can get up my driveway on Monday night. Hopefully this is the last hurrah and spring comes soon, all the best to everyone! 

So awesome. You guys rock. Say  by by to quiet lol. Worth every second.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Feels like BTV was a bit too aggressive with those >15” totals yesterday. I think you’re going to be closer with your 8”-14” call. Of course @klwis piling it up already so maybe the bigger totals are just a bit SE of me. 

From the BTV 8 am update

As of 758 AM EDT Saturday...No significant changes made with
the morning update. Barring some unexpected developments, the
snowstorm should be getting more interesting for a larger
portion of the region after heavier snow overnight tended to
stay parked over southern Windsor and Rutland counties where 6
to 8 inches of moderately wet new snow was observed. The
character of the snow has been rather dry farther north so far,
but should trend wetter areawide as previously anticipated.

6 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

I could care less if the mix line gets up to me, I am just hoping Cannon stays all snow.

I’d be surprised if they mix, but funky things can start happening on the north side of the notch with a 60kt southerly LLJ. 

• Like 1