joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service State College PA
609 PM EDT Sun Apr 14 2024

The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
Southeastern Cameron County in north central Pennsylvania...
Central Centre County in central Pennsylvania...
Northern Clearfield County in central Pennsylvania...
Southwestern Clinton County in north central Pennsylvania...
Southeastern Elk County in north central Pennsylvania...

* Until 645 PM EDT.

* At 609 PM EDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from near Keating to near Brockway, moving east at 60 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Trained weather spotters.

IMPACT...Hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
DuBois, Clearfield, Bellefonte, Sandy, Philipsburg, Woodland,
Curwensville, Lamar, Penfield, Hyde, Milesburg, and Plymptonville.

For those driving on Interstate 80, this includes areas between the Dubois and Lock Haven exits, specifically from mile markers 97 to 173.

This includes Interstate 99 near mile marker 85.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Stay inside a well built structure and keep away from windows.

To report severe weather, contact your nearest law enforcement agency. They will send your report to the National Weather Service office in State College PA.

Continuous cloud to ground lightning is occurring with these severe thunderstorms. Move indoors immediately. Lightning is one of nature's leading killers. Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Pitch black out

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

6:37a. It was very dark and parking lot light came on at 6:30. We have gotten faint lightening and thunder but not at same time. Wind is  getting noisy and some rain is coming down. The long lead in is nerve wracking. Now the two dining room windows are making the low pitched noise they make when wind really gets going. By the way, original 1940s windows were replaced a few years ago and the new ones "sing" too but not nearly as often.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

I have terrible internet that won’t load RadarScope here at DFW. Will that like clear Harrisburg by 10? 

I would think so. Here is what I have right now on Wunderground.com.

Screenshot_2024-04-14-18-51-02-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, canderson said:

I have terrible internet that won’t load RadarScope here at DFW. Will that like clear Harrisburg by 10? 

We didn't end up getting a big show here at all. Some of everything except I guess hail but only at say medium to strength. I hope you will have same good luck. I am assuming there will not be a Round 2 here 

This looks promising with only 40% chance of precip for Harrisburg. Last updated at 6:00: 

Detailed Forecast

Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am, then a slight chance of showers between 2am and 3am. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds. Increasing clouds, with a low around 60. West wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Lots of lightning just to my north & getting closer. Quite the show.
Nice beautiful structure on some of those bolts. No thunder yet. I fear lack of instability will rob me of a nice performance down here. Severe was never in my cards but I was hoping to hear nature's orchestra

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Nice beautiful structure on some of those bolts. No thunder yet. I fear lack of instability will rob me of a nice performance down here. Severe was never in my cards but I was hoping to hear nature's orchestra

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I can’t believe that there is no Warning here in Perry county with the combination of wind & lightning.