• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

Thursday and Friday here will be very windy and very wet. I image flood watches will be needed. 

I’ll be in Texas where it appears we will miss the 2nd week of April hail and tornadoes by one day - usually we hit them perfectly! 

58 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Yes. Almost everyone who has ever purchased a basketball hoop.

Unless I am greatly unaware of the expense of purchasing basketball equipment, that purchase point seems insane. The best basketball players on earth mastered their craft playing with rusted and bent rims with cracked backboards on the streets of New York or in Parisian slums.

You know who spends $500 on basketball equipment? White three-point shooters who get giant French nuts smashed on their forehead for three weeks after college before learning they're either headed to Macabbi Tel-Aviv or the local "Y."

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

You can buy a Wal-Mart $100 special that will blow over every few weeks...not wanting to go that route. 

Williamsport is about what you would expect. 75 now, low only going to 52 overnight. We are clouding up though which is too bad and will have lots of clouds and rain for the rest of this week. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

You can buy a Wal-Mart $100 special that will blow over every few weeks...not wanting to go that route. 

I saw a few of those in our previous development...they were pretty much useless in a matter of weeks after they were put up. 

In-ground units built to last are built to destroy wallets. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

May be a Spann day.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Screen-Shot-2023-03-06-at-3.26.32-PM.png

He is one of my favorites - not sure how many people binge watch mets on YouTube, but I do with this guy. The 1993 Superstorm is a favorite of mine along with of course, the 2011 Tuscaloosa Tornado. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Guessing MDT made 79 today but will not know for sure until they do the 3 or 6 hour summary.  74 for the high here.    They could be 78 or 80 though. 

How close to the record? Bradford tied a record of 71F today. DuBois was one degree shy of the record of 76F.

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

How much rain Thursday that we are under a slight for excessive rainfall?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CTP sums it up well. They don’t mention the 50 mph winds Thursday evening and 35-45 mph winds Fridays and Saturday. 

HEAVY RAIN/FLOODING POSSIBLE THURSDAY: At the surface, strengthening surface low pressure (SLP) should track northeast through the Ohio Valley on Thursday and occlude over the eastern Great Lakes on Friday. A surge of +2SD pwats (1-1.5 inches) driven by anomalous 850mb LLJ from the south ahead of the trailing cold front will maintain heavy rain risk and potential flooding scenario on Thursday which is highlighted by the D4 SLGT risk WPC ERO. Overall, ingredients look similar to - albeit more progressive - a modified synoptic heavy rain pattern signature. We added explicit mention of +RA into the wx grids this morning with elevated instability supportive of enhanced rain rates. If the trough can dig farther to the west and slow eastward progression, then the setup would become more favorable for heavy rain/flooding. Antecedent or preceding wet ground conditions and elevated streamflows will also be a key factor.