• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Caps are shorthanded too and have a tough schedule.  You are 4 points up and Caps have 2 games in hand.  Flyers advantage right now as Caps would have to win both of those games.   Finger crossed they both make it with one being a wild card. 

That would be ideal. I do not dislike the Caps. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

Their top 2 players are out and they weren’t great before that. I thought they’d lose vs McNeese State. 

Yea, they came in hamstrung as did Florida.   I pi9cked them to lose first round.  Also picked the Zags to lose so that whole area of the bracket was a failure for me.

Gotta love the Sierra - there's a Special Weather Statement in place through Sunday morning. Scattered light snow showers will bring 5 - 10"+ by morning.
"Scattered Light Snow Showers."
A deer pissing brings them 6"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Low of 26 here. Rain gauge is frozen solid. Will have final tally later once it thaws out. More importantly, the Penn State Nittany Lions won their 11th national championship in 13 years in wrestling, and in doing so broke the all-time team scoring record. Straight beasts. The word dynasty gets thrown around sometimes but this truly is one. Cael is the John Wooden of his time. Pure greatness. 

• Like 2

Yesterday's 2.58" at Kennett Square broke the all station daily rain record in the county. The old record was the 1.96" at Glenmoore in 1977. Today was our 7th straight day with below freezing low temps. The next couple days will be sunny but continuing our run of below normal temps. Near normal temps (low to mid 50's) should continue for much of the upcoming week. Next rain chances are Wednesday and Thursday.
Chester County wide records for today: High 81 West Chester (2012) / Low also in West Chester at 12 degrees (1897) / Record rain 2.11" Chester Springs (2021) / Snow 3.5" Coatesville (1965)
image.png.fed24a3390edfb609415c574eb2d5541.png

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 26 here. Rain gauge is frozen solid. Will have final tally later once it thaws out. More importantly, the Penn State Nittany Lions won their 11th national championship in 13 years in wrestling, and in doing so broke the all-time team scoring record. Straight beasts. The word dynasty gets thrown around sometimes but this truly is one. Cael is the John Wooden of his time. Pure greatness. 

Congrats, you sound proud which you should be.

Still only 30 here.  This has been one of the 5-6 coldest stretches of the year so far over here   A 19, 22 and 21.   Maybe two more mornings in the 20's coming up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m still tracking snow chances…Lol!

The 12z Canadian had this for the eastern half of PA on Friday.

IMG_5973.png

IMG_5974.png

The GFS is not warm either.....a lot of chilly days.   43 here for the high today.  Probably tops or maybe gets to 44.   Going to be wearing colder weather clothing late this year.  

• Like 1

After a yard walk, I am thinking the first mow will be April 6ish.  May be a partial mow.  Starting to see some growth but if we get frost the next 2 nights it may stunt.    Also see very small buds on the Maple tree so they are looking mid Aprilish for full bloom.   Hibiscus bushes/trees have no buds making this the latest they will ever bloom since Spring 2019.   Usually they are budding by late March. 

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Late March sun...

Went for a walk, despite temps in the upper 40s it was very warm in the sun. Myself and quite few others were in tees and shorts.

Definitely makes it ok to be outside despite it being 44 (the sun) but I am wearing slacks and long sleeve shirt.  Breeze is just too cold for shorts here.    I have pretty much put my summer wear away after looking at LR.   I had broken it out in early March.   Early March may be the high point for a while except a random day when a storm cuts.   Your game may be dry yet though. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Definitely makes it ok to be outside despite it being 44 (the sun) but I am wearing slacks and long sleeve shirt.  Breeze is just too cold for shorts here.    I have pretty much put my summer wear away after looking at LR.   I had broken it out in early March.   Early March may be the high point for a while except a random day when a storm cuts.   Your game may be dry yet though. 

Mount Holly is essentially writing Thursday off. Coastal develops an slowly moves north up the coast. No clearing until at least Friday morning.

Nice win today. Capital gain.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mount Holly is essentially writing Thursday off. Coastal develops an slowly moves north up the coast. No clearing until at least Friday morning.

Nice win today. Capital gain.

Peg takes it on the chops.    If I were you I would not cancel yet.   Every day it vacillates between rainy and just cloudy.  And, I think there is still a chance of snow next weekend.