• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2024-2025 DISC

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How is establishing an early baseline of the 1998-1999 winter setting up for dissapointment? The season was warm with below average snowfall...

..way to early to be discussing next winter...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

21 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Don't do it to yourself again...

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How is establishing an early baseline of the 1998-1999 winter setting up for dissapointment? The season was warm with below average snowfall...

I pity the fool

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think one element I have largely neglected that needs to become a point of focus is the WPO. That is what killed me this year. It used to be the AO/NAO, but I have been decent there past few years.

Any good links to track the current and forecasted states of the WPO/EPO?

Thanks!

42 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

..gee thanks for granting your permission, it means so much to me!! lol

Honestly, stay out of the thread if you aren’t going to contribute anything of substance and just continue to troll. I’ll help you out if you don’t want to do it voluntarily. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Honestly, stay out of the thread if you aren’t going to contribute anything of substance and just continue to troll. I’ll help you out if you don’t want to do it voluntarily. 

so saying it is best to wait to late summer or early fall is considered to be trolling???

• Weenie 5

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its obvious in the data that the Pacific let up a bit in January relative to December and February, which allowed for a portion of the region to cash in. I know some did in February, as well, but some sports got near 30" in January.....but that is more for another thread.

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I salute you. Just beaten down year over year and back for more. Kudos. 

I sort of get it. I’m not good at golf, I topped out at a 13 handicap and last year I had a couple of injuries that set me back.  But I enjoy it and it’s my release in summer. I know I’ll never be a single digit but it’s like a zen thing for me, it my meditation. Ray has mentioned similar feelings about his forecasting. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I sort of get it. I’m not good at golf, I topped out at a 13 handicap and last year I had a couple of injuries that set me back.  But I enjoy it and it’s my release in summer. I know I’ll never be a single digit but it’s like a zen thing for me, it my meditation. Ray has mentioned similar feelings about his forecasting. 

Golf is a great analogy, ha. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Thing is no one is really good at it...sure, there are some that are better than I am, but its a work in progress for everyone. The mystique behind just how elusive skill in this capacity is coupled with an intense passion for snow makes it immensely alluring and difficult to resist.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think one element I have largely neglected that needs to become a point of focus is the WPO. That is what killed me last year and this year when I was pretty accurate with everything else. It used to be the AO/NAO, but I have been decent there past few years.

I know most here consider Bastardi a clown but one thing he always talks about is how if the WPO is positive, any -EPO will be short lived. Only when they are negative in tandem is the -EPO sustainable. 

• Like 1