Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, deflect whichever way you would like....its been as anomalous as March 2012, regardless of whether you have slept through it.

Not a deflection at all you stick with your numbers. Means zero to the rest of New England when they reflect back on March 2012 and March 2024. I wore shorts once this month. Skied with them on for a week.  About as far away as it can get with sensible weather 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one had 80’s and 90’s. 70’s yes.. which happened 

You didn't hit 70 dude. Unless you moved back to the BDL tarmac for that half hour it was 70. And yes you called for 70s and 80s we all saw it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Not a deflection at all you stick with your numbers. Means zero to the rest of New England when they reflect back on March 2012 and March 2024. I wore shorts once this month. Skied with them on for a week.  About as far away as it can get with sensible weather 

For the prupose of verification in metoeorology, or any science for that matter, I most certainly will.

7 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

In other news besides the well above average day time highs this Match we’ve had so far similar to the first half of March 2012…

Minnesota looks to have potential for an all time snowstorm late this weekend. 

I was looking at that. The best pattern configuration they've seen all season probably. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I doubt anyone except us remember March 2012. If you were to ask random people on the street what they thought of the weather in March 2012 they'd be like, "how the hell do I know". Unless you happened to question someone who is somewhat in touch with this stuff. 

This.  There have been plenty of big spring warmth, public can’t remember if it’s Feb-May each year.

Just now, powderfreak said:

This.  There have been plenty of big spring warmth, public can’t remember if it’s Feb-May each year.

People will probably remember years where we had some extreme summer heat (such as 1995) but nobody is going to remember we had a stretch of 70-80+ days in March a decade ago. 

• Like 2

How one perceives sensible weather is also irrelevant. Data is just that...it is data and doesn't account for personal opinion or feeling. If this March at station x turns out to be +15 for the month and that same station was +15 in 2012, well then this month was just anomalous at that location, regardless of how the +15 resulted. 

Today is below-average across the region, however, when looking at it from a sensible approach, some people may find today rather decent, especially with the stronger sun angle. Some people may find today pretty lousy with the chilly wind and colder feel in the shade. But regardless of what one thinks, it doesn't change the fact that today is below-average for where we should be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1