Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah none of us here have family or real life to deal with. Go get it!

Families don't have real lifes/ don't plan their vacations around skiing? Record skiers every year. If you are into it as a family it's the best . Not everyone is and I understand and I certainly can't go get it anymore but damn straight my family was with me for decades in March and sometimes April.  Some families are warm season some cold mine both. The very best part of New England is the 4 seasons. You can have constant summer if that's your gig. Some love it not for me. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Have you been in Florida for the summer/ dude I guess living inside in AC is a thing

I guess I can speak to this, summers weren’t too bad as long as you got afternoon storms to cool things down; dry summers were tough going from May to October with 90+ and dews above 70; but like anything you adjust. I miss the ocean, non rocky beaches and not having to pay $20+ to park to go to them.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Families don't have real lifes/ don't plan their vacations around skiing? Record skiers every year. If you are into it as a family it's the best . Not everyone is and I understand and I certainly can't go get it anymore but damn straight my family was with me for decades in March and sometimes April.  Some families are warm season some cold mine both. The very best part of New England is the 4 seasons. You can have constant summer if that's your gig. Some love it not for me. 

Skiing is ridiculously overpriced with a family if you don’t live close by. 

I suppose I could go to Wachusett? 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It was a AN summer. Especially July and August.

Wut? My local COOP in NFoster was .8 BN June July August the high in August was 82/  82 in August please with the hot summer/it wasnt.  They recorded zero 90s zero all summer.  The spin of high low temps was all your area got. Man your memory of last summer is  totally different than mine.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Although, a lot of people in FL do plan trips out west to Ski during school vacation

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I guess I can speak to this, summers weren’t too bad as long as you got afternoon storms to cool things down; dry summers were tough going from May to October with 90+ and dews above 70; but like anything you adjust. I miss the ocean, non rocky beaches and not having to pay $20+ to park to go to them.

Try Weekapaug RI free parking and the best beaches outside Coaat Guard beaches on the Cape. 45 minutes drive

WeekapaugInn052823_085-scaled.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wut? My local COOP in NFoster was .8 BN June July August the high in August was 82/  82 in August please with the hot summer/it wasnt.  They recorded zero 90s zero all summer.  The spin of high low temps was all your area got. Man your memory of last summer is  totally different than mine.

I’m talking overall as a region. June was cool. 

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You get so defensive when someone doesn't milk your snowman prostate. 

And you get so defensive about your outlooks….so I guess if that’s how you feel, then we both have things to work on.  Scott was messing around, and I played along.

The point was, We couldn’t figure out the last two seasons as they were upon us.  But somehow we/you know that the rest of this decade will be lousy? That’s comical.  

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s my problem with it and why I fell out of love. Grew up skiing with my dad and brother but that was when you could buy 3 lift tickets for the price of lunch nowadays. We’d have to spend hundreds of dollars for just one ski day today for the 4 of us. Can’t do it.

• Like 1

F.uck Florida.
I've been to Florida 5 times.  Each of those 5 times I was there in October.  ...4 times in Orlando, and one time in Pensacola (6 total if you count the few hours of time in early November, docked near Coco Beach before the cruise I was on continued on to the Bahamas). Each of those times it was really f.ucking hot, and really fu.cking flat and uninteresting.  I thought Pensacola was o.k., but not a place I'd want to live.

Some extra random, notable things about the trips....One time flying in there was a hurricane that could be viewed outside the airplane window.  That was cool as hell to see from above. (I keep wanting to say hurricane Floyd, but I think it was a gulf-centric storm).  Another time I saw a shuttle launch all the way from on a boat in the middle  of the lake at downtown Disney.  Seeing the ball of fire blasting into space was pretty bad-ass.  During the Pensacola trip it was after a massive oil spill, and the coastal areas were desperate for business. The area had just re-opened, and there were still small balls of oil washing up on shore.  This was months after the spill. Wild sh.it.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

And you get so defensive about your outlooks….so I guess if that’s how you feel, then we both have things to work on.  Scott was messing around, and I played along.

The point was, We couldn’t figure out the last two seasons as they were upon us.  But somehow we/you know that the rest of this decade will be lousy? That’s comical.  

I'm not sure how many times you want me to say I was wrong.....sucked, suck, stink, stank, stunk. The issue with you is that your thought process is so reductive that you can't see the forest through the trees....you throw a temper tantrum and disparage any long range efforts when they run contrary to snow/cold. The reason why I feel the next few years will suck is the same reason my past 2 outlooks have sucked...its because of what is going on in the west PAC. I do think it will eventually change, but not a for a few years.

• Like 1