Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think 62? I’d have to look. Been lots of 55-60. Nights are warm. I have stuff coming up that’s the earliest in the 10 years I’ve been here. 

Soil temps and vegetation is a good barometer.  That ecosystem really doesn’t care if the days or nights are hotter.  The mean temperature is what matters, and it’s been high.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It will be near normal tomorrow. Break out the scarfs. 

It’ll be below normal tomorrow here.  And it may not be an overly cold temp…but when it’s cloudy and breezy with temps in mid 40’s this time of year, it feels shitty…period! Now you can twist it anyway you want…but that sensible weather blows.  

Full sun and no wind, and 55-to near 60 is what we want.  I was 13-14 degrees under that today, with wind and clouds.  That type of weather plain Sucks.  

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’ll be below normal tomorrow here.  And it may not be an overly cold temp…but when it’s cloudy and breezy with temps in mid 40’s this time of year, it feels shitty…period! Now you can twist it anyway you want…but that sensible weather blows.  

Full sun and no wind, and 55-to near 60 is what we want.  I was 13-14 degrees under that today, with wind and clouds.  That type of weather plain Sucks.  

Maybe you will be -1?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Soil temps and vegetation is a good barometer.  That ecosystem really doesn’t care if the days or nights are hotter.  The mean temperature is what matters, and it’s been high.

Zero cold this winter. Amazing warmth. Kind of sad and scary.

• Like 3

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya with clouds and breeze, that sucks..that’s the point.  Believe me, I’d love 60, with light wind and sun now. I hate this time of the year if it’s not going to snow. 

So far I’ve enjoyed it. Even the soil had dried out a bit. Top layer anyways. It feels good to be out and free from this winter. What a disgrace.

Beach wx comes quick. Can’t wait.

• Like 1

Whatevs.. enjoy your torch.

LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...
* Light rain and snow showers Wednesday night associated with
  shortwave digging into the region

* Dry Thursday and Friday

* Increasing chances for more substantial precipitation this
  weekend, though uncertainty in track of low pressure remains high
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

So far I’ve enjoyed it. Even the soil had dried out a bit. Top layer anyways. It feels good to be out and free from this winter. What a disgrace.

The irony is…when we want beach weather to set in, it doesn’t.  Hopefully this year it can and does. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe this weekend?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just May have to go there if shit winters keep up. Half joking but…..

Maybe I’ll be near SAV having crown and coke with Jerry.

I was in Hilton Head last week and visited Savannah.  Definitely going back and want to spend a few nights in Savannah with just the wife, fun town and gorgeous!

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’m effing around a bit, but does seem like some don’t like to admit warmth.

We’ll have winter eventually. Maybe even a BN month.

Legit cold the end of this week. Fortunately it’s fleeting…just like the weather betting guy’s PM access.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m effing around a bit, but does seem like some don’t like to admit warmth.

We’ll have winter eventually. Maybe even a BN month.

I don’t have an issue at all admitting warmth. It’s been real nice the last two weeks(liked it)…but it won’t be the next two weeks. That’s the only point. 

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don’t have an issue at all admitting warmth. It’s been real nice the last two weeks(liked it)…but it won’t be the next two weeks. That’s the only point. 

Yes you do, ha.  It’s ok though, it’s all part of the forum. It’s not political on here. Its factual. If you bet above normal, your odds are high.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

You enjoy Hilton head? Both Savannah and Hilton head are beautiful family communities. 

My Brother and SIL moved there last year.  I loved Hilton Head and will be back once or twice a year from now on.  The food was f'n amazing!  The beaches and nature walks were awesome.  Feel blessed to have a free place to stay there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

My Brother and SIL moved there last year.  I loved Hilton Head and will be back once or twice a year from now on.  The food was f'n amazing!  The beaches and nature walks were awesome.  Feel blessed to have a free place to stay there.

Yes I'm looking at buying a house in Hilton Head. Beautiful town, beautiful beaches,  and beautiful people.  The food is absolutely wonderful.  Lots to do and see. Glad you enjoyed it down there. 

• Like 1