• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

32F with steady light snow.  Everything turning white again in the valley.

Visibility at MVL is 1.25sm in snow, the upslope machine has turned on when MVL starts snowing steadily.  Mountain had picked up 4" through 3pm at 3,000ft and it's been snowing nicely this evening.

A decent standing wave upslope band developing.

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT/... As of 643 PM EDT Monday...The locals like to call this pattern bread n butter, where conditions are favorable for upslope accumulating snow showers every 6 to 12 hours, and produce free refills daily. Crnt radar is showing the areal coverage of mtn snow showers and mix rain/snow in the valleys increasing this evening associated with a sfc cold frnt and weak embedded s/w.

Untitled.jpg.d8fdccd5845af1255659558ab4c3a190.jpg

24 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

The fact that's happening without days and days of 70s and 80s is scary. 

This.  I’m not scared, lol, but it’s super impressive how warm it has been since the end of November on mediocre high temps.

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

32F with steady light snow.  Everything turning white again in the valley.

Visibility at MVL is 1.25sm in snow, the upslope machine has turned on when MVL starts snowing steadily.  Mountain had picked up 4" through 3pm at 3,000ft and it's been snowing nicely this evening.

A decent standing wave upslope band developing.

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT/... As of 643 PM EDT Monday...The locals like to call this pattern bread n butter, where conditions are favorable for upslope accumulating snow showers every 6 to 12 hours, and produce free refills daily. Crnt radar is showing the areal coverage of mtn snow showers and mix rain/snow in the valleys increasing this evening associated with a sfc cold frnt and weak embedded s/w.

Untitled.jpg.d8fdccd5845af1255659558ab4c3a190.jpg

This is when I feel like I’m in a completely different hemisphere and state of mind compared to what you report lol. Hopefully it’s bread and butter dipped in the old school brown Chinese duck sauce that I used to love. I’m onto spring.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Oh We’re letting em go….and they’re going down. Tomorrow gonna be 5 degrees cooler than today, and today was lousy here.  Here comes the shit we knew would come. 

40s tomorrow then 50 Wednesday. Cold isn’t cold anymore. We Greta.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Stop putting water on your Thermometer.  Accept the warmth.

It wasn’t warm here Scott.  Stop pushing the BS warmth that wasn’t today.  Maybe it was warm in tropical SE Mass, but it wasn’t here. If the sun stayed out more…maybe we could have gained another 5-7 degrees. Tomorrow gonna be cooler still.  

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This.  I’m not scared, lol, but it’s super impressive how warm it has been since the end of November on mediocre high temps.

Unlike many here I look forward to a few below zero mornings and I got shut out this year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is when I feel like I’m in a completely different hemisphere and state of mind compared to what you report lol. Hopefully it’s bread and butter dipped in the old school brown Chinese duck sauce that I used to love. I’m onto spring.

Don’t let it fool you.  It’s April climo and look. This week has still been winter above 2,000-2,500 feet but down low it’s been brown, wet, soggy ground, mud, decaying plow piles and random dirty patches of snow.

It looks a full month ahead of schedule.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

It wasn’t warm here Scott.  Stop pushing the BS warmth that wasn’t today.  Maybe it was warm in tropical SE Mass, but it wasn’t here. If the sun stayed out more…maybe we could have gained another 5-7 degrees. Tomorrow gonna be cooler still.  

It will be near normal tomorrow. Break out the scarfs. 

• Haha 1