Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Sled said:

The only time my trucks get washed is before the under body coating goes on. Once a year.

Theres nothing like a freshly washed truck, tire wet on the wheels, rims shined up with no brake dust, fully waxed . Absolute best feeling in the world . Give it a try 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

My driveway has 160' of elevation change so the brake dust would be back as soon as I leave.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Theres nothing like a freshly washed truck, tire wet on the wheels, rims shined up with no brake dust, fully waxed . Absolute best feeling in the world . Give it a try 

• Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve hit that car wash there in Stowe several times both when girls were younger at soccer tourneys in June with residual sand not swept off roads.. and company car on work trips 

Yup that’s the one, Dunkin, car wash and gas, what more do you need? And if it’s not muddy or wet, it’s dusty and dry.  There’s very little middle ground to keep cars clean here unless you want a $250 car wash bill each month or spend hours per week doing it yourself.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We certainly share this passion….but I guess if I lived on a dirt road like some of the folks, I’d still get the salt and sand and road chemicals off the best I could in the winter months(every 7-10 days or so), to save the finish and exposed undercarriage the best I could.  

Obviously we wouldn’t spend the extra(time and money) on getting them perfect like you and I like them, if we lived on the dirt and gravel roads they do. But I’d try my best to keep it respectably clean in that environment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We certainly share this passion….but I guess if I lived on a dirt road like some of the folks, I’d still get the salt and sand and road chemicals off the best I could in the winter months(every 7-10 days or so), to save the finish and exposed undercarriage the best I could.  

Obviously we wouldn’t spend the extra(time and money) on getting them perfect like you and I like them, if we lived on the dirt and gravel roads they do. But I’d try my best to keep it respectably clean in that environment. 

Yeah to each their own. I’m just trying to understand the other mentality. Admittedly I can’t wrap my head around it , but folks stroke differently.  For me.. I’d never live on a dirt road.. for that very reason. But the dirt road folks don’t care.. and that’s their thing and it’s all good.  It makes the world go round 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I mean 7-10 days is a lifetime for a car living on a dirt road up north.  Your car is clean for one pass through the road, but then spends the other 6.5-9.5 days between washes looking like it was never washed at all.  Usually within 7-10 days it rains hard too, and that is incredibly effective, ha.

At least we know they had mud season in VT back in yore.

IMG_8634.jpeg.f843647fb1477e0712adb7b042ff735b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah to each their own. I’m just trying to understand the other mentality. Admittedly I can’t wrap my head around it , but folks stroke differently.  For me.. I’d never live on a dirt road.. for that very reason. But the dirt road folks don’t care.. and that’s their thing and it’s all good.  It makes the world go round 

I try to understand why a person needs a truck like you have who doesn’t go near dirt and doesn’t carry anything more than a bag of soccer balls. And yet many do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fair enough. I guess my view is that a truck is meant to be dirty, worked, worn, etc., as that's its function - not a fan of the pavement princess look on a truck. I wouldn't own a 2500 were it not for the fact I also own a heavy trailer. If it were a nice car, that'd be a different story. Those guys and gals over in Stuttgart have nearly convinced me to make a reckless financial decision on more than one occasion...   

• Like 3

I use mine to tow my sleds and trailer, and it gets absolutely filthy beyond belief on a 550 mile journey one way(1200+ both directions), on multiple occasions each winter. So it gets worked and serves me well.  But when I get home, I can’t wait to wash and clean it, to get it looking nice again. So I do both with mine, so I see both sides of the coin, and participate in both sides of that same coin . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I try to understand why a person needs a truck like you have who doesn’t go near dirt and doesn’t carry anything more than a bag of soccer balls. And yet many do. 

Substitute for something lacking perhaps?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, mreaves said:

He can’t even fit it in his garage. Me man, me need big truck to drive girls to soccer practice and to take up two parking spaces at electric blue. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I use mine to tow my sleds and trailer, and it gets absolutely filthy beyond belief on a 550 mile journey one way(1200+ both directions), on multiple occasions each winter. So it gets worked and serves me well.  But when I get home, I can’t wait to wash and clean it, to get looking nice again. So I do both with mine, so I see both sides of the coin, and participate in both sides of that same coin . 

That I get. I go back and forth about getting one. I use a GMC Acadia to tow my sleds and it works but I don’t tow nearly as far as you do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Once you own a pick-up, you'll never go back. So handy for so many things for anyone who owns a home. 

This. I’ve had one for decades…and I don’t think I’d ever not have one. I Use its capabilities constantly.  And they are so well made, and ride so well now, with all the amenities if you desire …it’s the best of both/all worlds imo. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This. I’ve had one for decades…and I don’t think I’d ever not have one. I Use its capabilities constantly.  And they are so well made, and ride so well now, with all the amenities if you desire …it’s the best of both/all worlds imo. 

You can always find work if you own one too but when I get one it will fit in my garage lol. You can’t be anal about a clean truck like ditty but always have it out in those dangerous elements he’s constantly facing. The high winds, scorching heat, crushing severe, major ice storms, and snowy winters must be tough on a truck outside. 

• Haha 3