Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024

TriPol

3 hours ago, vegan_edible said:

what we've learned so far this winter: 

we can't look at longe range models and really BELIEVE that we are in for something good

lets be honest with ourselves, this winter trumped 22-23, and thats saying something. up here in wp it snowed 5? times. It was distinctly beautiful each and every time. collectively, we should put this winter in the rearview and look forward to spring. time to rejuvenate and get outdoors, we'll all be here doing the same ol' thing again this upcoming november. 

@snowman19 im with you on this one. stick a fork in it, this winter is done. 

my next concern is the pac needs to chill so california gets some dry and above normal temps for april, got a week long skate trip out there, and after trudging through this winter, my seasonal depression needs to see the sun out there

I’m more than ready for whatever warm weather March brings until the inevitable closed lows east of us develop and send endless back door fronts in. Really hope that can be avoided but some models are jumping on that train further into March and right on cue based on the past few springs. If snow is done bring on the warmth and outdoor activities. Useless cold is the worst. Was this winter better than last? Sure but that’s like stepping one or two stairs up from the absolute basement dungeon. 50% of snow normal which I have so far is nothing to celebrate along with three well above average temp months flooded in Pacific air. But as lousy as 50% of normal is, places north of here have 33% or less. Truly putrid. 

7 hours ago, NEG NAO said:

if we experience mainly south - southwest flow and primarily winds from that direction at various levels of the atmosphere  or an onshore flow the same smoky sky conditions if the fires develop  in Canada will not reach our area as much as last years flow allowed it too......

I think that's how they finally cleared up last year.

55 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I’m more than ready for whatever warm weather March brings until the inevitable closed lows east of us develop and send endless back door fronts in. Really hope that can be avoided but some models are jumping on that train further into March and right on cue based on the past few springs. If snow is done bring on the warmth and outdoor activities. Useless cold is the worst. Was this winter better than last? Sure but that’s like stepping one or two stairs up from the absolute basement dungeon. 50% of snow normal which I have so far is nothing to celebrate along with three well above average temp months flooded in Pacific air. But as lousy as 50% of normal is, places north of here have 33% or less. Truly putrid. 

aren't backdoor fronts mostly a problem for eastern new england? they don't reach our longitude all that often or are modified when they get here... the last two springs were warm and dry, remember we hit 90-91 twice last year in April? and I had no allergies!

4 hours ago, vegan_edible said:

what we've learned so far this winter: 

we can't look at longe range models and really BELIEVE that we are in for something good

lets be honest with ourselves, this winter trumped 22-23, and thats saying something. up here in wp it snowed 5? times. It was distinctly beautiful each and every time. collectively, we should put this winter in the rearview and look forward to spring. time to rejuvenate and get outdoors, we'll all be here doing the same ol' thing again this upcoming november. 

@snowman19 im with you on this one. stick a fork in it, this winter is done. 

my next concern is the pac needs to chill so california gets some dry and above normal temps for april, got a week long skate trip out there, and after trudging through this winter, my seasonal depression needs to see the sun out there

we had three notable storms here this year

one in January that gave us 2 inches

two in February, 4 inches from the first one and 6 inches from the second one.

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

Now that we have reached the tail end, last few days of the month, the CFS for March becomes believable and it has continued to trend warmer and warmer with every run right up to today

I'm still looking at the models for a cold and snowy spell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 4