Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Unofficial Overnight February 16/17th Snow/OBS Thread

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

This line around Pitt is cool, no idea what it means, if anything,

line.jpg

That is a result of tightening 700 mb frontogentic forcing. This is sloped ascent and this narrow band is on the north side of the 700 mb frontogensis. That translates eastward, but let’s see if it remains so narrow like that. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Snow began at 10:40pm

32F

0z GFS looks like the FV3

Yea but from the total QPF it clearly shows that band of subsidence in southern PA southern Chester County right into Delaware Count to the Delaware River and across I mean if that is correct, we will barely crack 2" and we have a Winter Storm Warning.  I guess we just cannot know yet where these precious bands are going to set up with 1-2" snowfall rates.  I will check back at 2:30 am.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Yea but from the total QPF it clearly shows that band of subsidence in southern PA southern Chester County right into Delaware Count to the Delaware River and across I mean if that is correct, we will barely crack 2" and we have a Winter Storm Warning.  I guess we just cannot know yet where these precious bands are going to set up with 1-2" snowfall rates.  I will check back at 2:30 am.

I don’t think it is subsidence, but rather weaker lift outside of the strong lift that is producing the band. 

• Like 3