• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Unofficial Overnight February 16/17th Snow/OBS Thread

At the rate this LP is getting juiced in the latest model runs, 4-6 in from a line from Reading over to Central Montgomery/Bucks  County seems likely. Betting WSW will be issued from Norristown south where the 5 In criteria maybe  met.   If I was Mt Holly , I would issue a winter storm watch for the other areas to the immediate north up to the LV and wait until the 00Z runs come in  for the NAM/HRRR to either upgrade to a WSW or downgrade to an advisory. Everyone else a WWA. Confidence is real low for reaching WSW criteria north of Norristown. The best part is that this will be a plowable event for most everyone.

4 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

At the rate this LP is getting juiced in the latest model runs, 4-6 in from a line from Reading over to Central Montgomery/Bucks  County seems likely. Betting WSW will be issued from Norristown south where the 5 In criteria maybe  met.   If I was Mt Holly , I would issue a winter storm watch for the other areas to the immediate north up to the LV and wait until the 00Z runs come in  for the NAM/HRRR to either upgrade to a WSW or downgrade to an advisory. Everyone else a WWA. Confidence is real low for reaching WSW criteria north of Norristown. The best part is that this will be a plowable event for most everyone.

A little late for any winter storm watches to be issued. Advisories have already been issued, and some of those can always be upgraded to a warning if need be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice to see such consistency across the models...kind of thought the Euro would have a strange run like it did before the last storm....I still kind of think everyone stays with a WWA as meeting the 5"+ criteria seems to be marginal at best. But clearly best shot for any warnings would be Chester, Delaware, Lower Montco and Bucks...

image.thumb.png.02e12a38476975797c404bfc66a0bdbd.png

17 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Just saying as I was in c-2" last night, and 2-4" for the southern pink is lol

\

Their graphics department was on break....didn't have time,

Things look rock solid around here, can't complain, snow on snow. Brine guys added blue (Breaking Bad) to the mixture (No Joke) so they knew/know where it has been applied...my poor car underneath, brake lines.

• Like 1

Just now, Birds~69 said:

Their graphics department was on break....didn't have time,

Things look rock solid around here, can't complain, snow on snow. Brine guys added blue (Breaking Bad) to the mixture (No Joke) so they knew/know where it has been applied...my poor car underneath, brake lines.

Isn't that the truth I am satisfied with a 2-3" topper and hitting 20" for the season. Just as long as this doesn't end up Jim Thorpe north.

1 minute ago, Blue Dream said:

I feel good about this one...I was just messing.  The Tuesday storm was a little disappointing, thinking this will be better.

Temps are on our side along with trends. As do Tuesday accumulations suffered but there some decent duration of large sized flakes with wind.