joxey
Late Feb/March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

I thought it was telling when Boston only had 2" of snow in the core of Winter, I think it was either 17-18, or 19-20. The jet stream has been lifting north for sure.. 

Yeah but dang THAT for north? Already? Here I was thinking changes I climo happened slowly...but this was a free fall (especially for them)

30 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

You are ignorant and eyes closed to why your precious models are not worth a shit. You ain’t running me off puss wad

Also you  are approaching the line of stalking. Don’t go past it. You respond to Every post I make. When I address or respond to You Directly then that’s fine.  When I makes general posts, start staying off of those. You are addicted and trying to protect your supply and source. I identified last night that out of 120 posts on 4 pages, 39 were yours. That’s unhealthy and those sort of  numbers are constant with you.  Quite a few are enamored with your very lengthy 6 paragraph posts of models,  most have which has flopped this winter.

So, I’ll stay off your ass and you stay off mine

Im not  going to respond to Any post specifically from you anymore. I can do that because I don’t have a very odd dependency on being here  incessantly , Hold tight to your beliefs that models are a benefit to us and I will continue to address , without responding directly to you, what my eyes and mind tell me.

Go ahead and respond because I did. That’s your last one and keep in mind the general policy is the person asking  to not be stalked can fully expect compliance . 

Well, That Escalated Quickly. Talk about a bold opening ...

• Haha 11

16 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah but dang THAT for north? Already? Here I was thinking changes I climo happened slowly...but this was a free fall (especially for them)

There are some patterns where the thermal gradient changes sharply north to south...others where there is not much difference over hundreds of miles and if you shift temps a couple degrees warmer suddenly its just too warm everywhere. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Wonder if getting a plus +PDO is one more test to see if anything can still help us...

we need a +PDO with a west based Nino. If that dosent work.....then hopefully the rapture can just happen asap

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

we need a +PDO with a west based Nino. If that dosent work.....then hopefully the rapture can just happen asap

I liked that song by Blondie although the Fab Five Freddie part was kind of dumb

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

You are ignorant and eyes closed to why your precious models are not worth a shit. You ain’t running me off puss wad

Also you  are approaching the line of stalking. Don’t go past it. You respond to Every post I make. When I address or respond to You Directly then that’s fine.  When I makes general posts, start staying off of those. You are addicted and trying to protect your supply and source. I identified last night that out of 120 posts on 4 pages, 39 were yours. That’s unhealthy and those sort of  numbers are constant with you.  Quite a few are enamored with your very lengthy 6 paragraph posts of models,  most have which has flopped this winter.

So, I’ll stay off your ass and you stay off mine

Im not  going to respond to Any post specifically from you anymore. I can do that because I don’t have a very odd dependency on being here  incessantly , Hold tight to your beliefs that models are a benefit to us and I will continue to address , without responding directly to you, what my eyes and mind tell me.

Go ahead and respond because I did. That’s your last one and keep in mind the general policy is the person asking  to not be stalked can fully expect compliance . 

Real contender for funniest post of the year right here

• Like 5

Just now, stormtracker said:

So now I gotta watch out for blue robes and hoods now.

I think the winters we’ve seen that past 3 years are our new normal. It’s never going back to our childhood.  We’re the new Richmond I’m afraid. 

New Charlotte 

So now I gotta watch out for blue robes and hoods now.

I think the winters we’ve seen that past 3 years are our new normal. It’s never going back to our childhood.  We’re the new Richmond I’m afraid. 

I don’t think so. We are just in a bad phase. We have lived through both bad phases and amazing phases
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ji said:

i bet we get more snow in La Nina November than our epic Nino February lol

cfs-mon_01_z500a_namer_9.png

14 minutes ago, Ji said:

I don’t think so. We are just in a bad phase. We have lived through both bad phases and amazing phases

OK then...explain to me the longwave configuration that would work with that above?  You realize the pac is actually GOOD there and the trough is over us...but none of that matters if its F'ing hot EVERYWEHERE

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

OK then...explain to me the longwave configuration that would work with that above?  You realize the pac is actually GOOD there and the trough is over us...but none of that matters if its F'ing hot EVERYWEHERE

lol dude it is a smoothed +2 meter anomaly. come on

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The CFS at super long leads never has much blue esp on TT. It is a generally shitty model even at shorter leads. Follow the height lines and you get the general idea of what it's attempting to depict.

• Like 4

Yes that’s why i posted the map. I care more about the shape than the colors right now. We can score big in a Niña in the first half of winter. Just ask cape

I will roll with a Nina- although they certainly can be a complete ratter like last winter, recent Ninos haven't been much better, and tend to struggle to bring even modest cold anymore. Ninas are more likely to feature h5 configurations that can bring legit cold periods to the east at times that at least give us a shot- and cold is the biggest issue now. Get a bit of timely NA help to slow the flow and there is a chance for a bigger storm that can also impact inland areas, like March 2018.

All these periods in recent Ninas featured actual cold air and one or more snow events for parts of the MA east of the highlands-

Composite Plot

Composite Plot

Composite Plot

Composite Plot

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic