• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion

Interesting—hadn’t thought about it as other than a funnel cloud.  This AM, I can see that it stirred up some dust and disturbed a brush pile left from last weekend’s pruning.  Or some wind did do, anyway.  There were some good, strong gusts for awhile.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mogget said:

Interesting—hadn’t thought about it as other than a funnel cloud.  This AM, I can see that it stirred up some dust and disturbed a brush pile left from last weekend’s pruning.  Or some wind did do, anyway.  There were some good, strong gusts for awhile.

There was another angle showing a pretty clear debris circulation with the one near Albany. Obviously the emphasis is on Evansville etc. today but I think there were likely at least two tornadoes with this storm.

Edit: Juda/Albany supposedly already confirmed EF1 but I have yet to see anything on MKX's event page, a PNS or their Facebook page. May be yet another instance of someone on X stalking the DAT.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday (2/27) could become interesting depending on how that lead wave interacts with the northern stream as it ejects. 12z Euro would probably be a notable severe weather event for Illinois.

IMO Wednesday will struggle with a lack of instability, but there are large D6/D7 15% risks out from the SPC.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, [mention=147]Chicago Storm[/mention] was right in saying that you should read more and post less.

Well…sorry to disappoint you. I think you’ll be ok. Also, this is a discussion forum and not a fiefdom. I’d welcome and learn more from your critique or correction than from a visceral response.

• Weenie 1

14 hours ago, DocATL said:

Well…sorry to disappoint you. I think you’ll be ok. Also, this is a discussion forum and not a fiefdom. I’d welcome and learn more from your critique or correction than from a visceral response.

You shouldn't be posting a 348 hour map from an operational model. There is nothing to discuss there because it could easily change. If you want to post an ensemble mean that's fine but even then it is a day 12 map.

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

You shouldn't be posting a 348 hour map from an operational model. There is nothing to discuss there because it could easily change. If you want to post an ensemble mean that's fine but even then it is a day 12 map.

Also not sure why a 348 hour temperature anomaly map belongs in the severe weather thread, unless he's trying to troll?