Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Rain/Snow/Who The Hell Knows Thread

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Not sure how we get this one back yall

Only with further push of confluence and maybe the shortwave digging more back in the southwest. Other than that, the north trend has only begun, I'd think. 

Yeah, we're shut out.  Even Philly gets in on the action.  And fuck NYC..it'll prob be warm there, so their gonna lose some of that accumulation on the models...like 8-10

I’m in Philly and i have major doubts we see anything either. GFS is horrid at snow forecasting. I’m also selling the cmc it’s been all over the place run to run. Seems to be playing catch-up. I gotta place in poconos I could potentially drive to if 15”+ is forecasted when we get close

8 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

If I get authorization from the group, I say we try. Good practice for the threats post 2/20 and our PSU storm. 

this seems like the time to do it... can't hurt to test it. We've got our best model wobbling but other things slowly trending better... it's not over but it's bleak and needs some magic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

this seems like the time to do it... can't hurt to test it. We've got our best model wobbling but other things slowly trending better... it's not over but it's bleak and needs some magic.

11 days before a threat... come on.  This still needs to be discussed in the mid-long range thread.

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

11 days before a threat... come on.  This still needs to be discussed in the mid-long range thread.

I've done this in the past 24 hours -- think you might be thinking this is the LR thread. I'm talking Valentine's Day. Hit the 2nd thread and we can find out if the jinx is truly magic (unlikely but not impossible) or we burn it before the real threat window

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I've done this in the past 24 hours -- think you might be thinking this is the LR thread. I'm talking Valentine's Day. Hit the 2nd thread and we can find out if the jinx is truly magic (unlikely but not impossible) or we burn it before the real threat window

Gotcha... I thought you wanted to start a threat thread for the 20th.  Do you really want to use up all the luck on a storm that is not coming back.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic