Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

2 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

If you would have asked me 3 hrs ago if I could get to 32 without wetbulbing, I would have said not a shot...yet here we are. T32...DP 26

So safe to say that the NAM was wrong with that 540 thickness line?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

If you would have asked me 3 hrs ago if I could get to 32 without wetbulbing, I would have said not a shot...yet here we are. T32...DP 26

There seems to have been some weak ridge into your parts holding back on the thermals.i just noticed that on SPC,its shifted into NC now

• Like 1

Just now, Greyhound said:

Two questions related to roads:

1). When should it start sticking to roads in Knox County? Just all wet at the moment.

2). At what temp does the brine become ineffective?

What's the temp? It will take lower than 25 or a heavy burst to start on main roads that have salt/brine working. Brine is much less effective below 25 and almost completely ineffective at 15 or lower. 

I drove home through Jacksboro/LaFollette an hour ago and bridges were covered on brined areas and patches on the roads. But the roads were mostly wet due to the brine. The temp was 27 there then. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greyhound said:

Two questions related to roads:

1). When should it start sticking to roads in Knox County? Just all wet at the moment.

2). At what temp does the brine become ineffective?

I'd imagine once the rates increase and the temperature drops a little more it'll start sticking on the roads as far as the brine goes I think it starts to become ineffective around 20° but I could be wrong

• Like 2

What's the temp? It will take lower than 25 or a heavy burst to start on main roads that have salt/brine working. Brine is much less effective below 25 and almost completely ineffective at 15 or lower. 
I drove home through Jacksboro/LaFollette an hour ago and bridges were covered on brined areas and patches on the roads. But the roads were mostly wet due to the brine. The temp was 27 there then. 

I don’t have a PWS (too many trees), but this one is closest to my house. 558f0127af9290f1d0dad3d849f162b0.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Greyhound said:

I don’t have a PWS (too many trees), but this one is closest to my house. 558f0127af9290f1d0dad3d849f162b0.png

One good burst of heavy rates and calm.traffic would do it I'd think. Once I turned on Hwy 25w North the road was white for me all the way home. No brine there though. Barely even pavement. 

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic