• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

Hot dang that GFS is amazing for the eastern valley.  Last two runs have between 0.9 and 1.1 inches of QPF falling below freezing with cobb snow totals at 8 inches by Tuesday night and temps crashing to zero by Wednesday morning.  It's beautiful.

• Like 8

We are starting to enter what I call the "tick trend" phase. Gone are the monster shifts run-to-run. Now we should see steady slower trends. 

At some point we will see a "snap" run where all models converge to a uniform solution. That typically happens in the runs just before or as the energy comes onshore. That happens with this system Saturday. So look for someone to cave today/tmrw. (I think it will be the euro as it's a classic case of an "overtrend" and it will correct back. Not to mention the shift it just made toward gfs at 06.)

• Like 7

We are starting to enter what I call the "tick trend" phase. Gone are the monster shifts run-to-run. Now we should see steady slower trends. 

At some point we will see a "snap" run where all models converge to a uniform solution. That typically happens in the runs just before or as the energy comes onshore. That happens with this system Saturday. So look for someone to cave today/tmrw. (I think it will be the euro as it's a classic case of an "overtrend" and it will correct back. Not to mention the shift it just made toward gfs at 06.)

I feel like the next big step Is for the Euro to keep moving in the right direction. She doesn’t have to get on the boat but she needs to at least buy a ticket.

Also… need to at a minimum hold serve as today’s storm gets kicked out later this afternoon.

However I believe we need option #2 much more than getting the Euro on board.

• Like 5

I’ll be honest… I almost didn’t open this after I got up because I expected everything had caved to the Euro.

Yeah I was kind of worried about the same thing. Didn't have time this morning to really check in until now and pleasantly surprised. Not only is GFS doubling down, but looks like Euro might be trending in the right direction. Not a bad place to be this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic