• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

1 hour ago, mattinpa said:

This is a tricky storm. There may be some with one inch while people 30 miles away have 4+ inches.

Yup it is.  The models seem to have been sensing what amounts to 2 lows (or maybe one as a shortwave/disturbance that gets fired up with the low that is supposed to move up from the GOM).  It's interesting to see how that manifests on a run though!

3 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Absolutely legendary NAMing tonight! Much colder than 18z so I-78 stays mostly snow. Insane rates too, and it brings back the Sunday snow!

I was looking at that too.  Did you watch the loop (1 km Reflectivity with Precip) and the Low pressure is really jumping around (chasing convection?).  Hour 26 goes from the coast to maybe 100 miles or so off the coast then back to the coast at hour 27.  Then it stall between hour 32-38.  Not sure how the low pressure jumping around affects things, but some things I noticed.

Here's a good sign: we are only forecasted to get down to 26°F tonight. I'm currently sitting at 22. The forecast went from snow-->rain back to snow-->rain-->snow, so it would appear that the back-end thump might actually occur.

I have not once even so much as looked at my brand new, fancy-pants electric snowblower that I bought back in November '22. I refuse. It's actually become buried in the garage behind a ton of other crap. And there it shall remain, unless...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, CoolHandMike said:

Here's a good sign: we are only forecasted to get down to 26°F tonight. I'm currently sitting at 22. The forecast went from snow-->rain back to snow-->rain-->snow, so it would appear that the back-end thump might actually occur.

I have not once even so much as looked at my brand new, fancy-pants electric snowblower that I bought back in November '22. I refuse. It's actually become buried in the garage behind a ton of other crap. And there it shall remain, unless...

I actually thought today was warmer than progged and tonight colder than progged...cooled off quick this afternoon... weird. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

11" here thank you Nam may I have another-inch

I must say the NAM is making me excited for my friends just north of the turnpike and in Chester County just west of me like 17 minute car drive gets 5" while I sit at 3".  I can snow but also smell the rain.  I am interested to see how dynamics can change our fate!  

Gotta hope for higher rates to keep the column cool enough south of the turnpike.

The NAM gives hope we are in the wheelhouse.

Could we possibly be looking for a now cast trying to hold off the warm air from Delaware and New Jersey here we shall, see?  

I will go with 1-3" for here in Media Delaware County with like 1" like literally 3 miles south and east of me.

Man, if we can get the low just to shift 15 miles further south and east.  

I also like the NAM blocking the storm hmm.

I will watch the GFS the only thing I am looking for will be is there any movement at all with the low south and east from the last two previous model runs.  Is the high up north strong enough to stop its northward bleed.  Also, the rain snow line will it also drop south and east at all if it does, I am very interested!

Hoping these guys will save Media!  I saw them grazing in the grass before taking flight southeast today from the park next to my house.   They Know!

Geese.jpg

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Borrowed from the New England side this regions will experience prime frontogenesis forcing maybe we get plastered like December Eagles game 2013 style

frontogenesis.jpg

I apologize, I am trying to remember with the frontogenesis, does the heavy snows occur below or on the north or south side?

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Borrowed from the New England side this regions will experience prime frontogenesis forcing maybe we get plastered like December Eagles game 2013 style

frontogenesis.jpg

Exactly!!  BINGO!!  Exactly what I was saying to my pal in Langhorne!  Eagles Lions Baby!  

I loved that Adam Joseph said sorry snow lovers we have just a little snow on the way but changing to rain lol.  Realitiy temps 27-30 with 7" of snow in 5 hours.  BOOM!

• Like 1