• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The Canadian end result isn’t terrible, but it’s definitely a good bit south of 12z

The problem is that some of today's model solutions are a trending towards a bit flatter than we ideally want to see for a system that has trended towards less impressive with regards to dynamics.  We still have 24 hours to turn it around but a weak, sheared out system is definitely on the table. Let's hope we stabilize towards a model consensus for general 2-4" broadbrush across SNE.  Nothing to write home about but a win for everybody with some lolli's. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I don’t think it works that way 

You want it to speed up to catch the energy from the first vort slow down and juice up the broad system. That’s my limited understanding 

If that lead wave keeps de-amping, the trailing wave may gain enough space/dynamics to put down 2-5.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That's a lot to ask for with that spacing.  I don't disagree, just not high odds.

I don’t think anything is high odds right now lol.  Ya got the dumb ass UKMET crushing the area…we know that model is pretty bad now, so that’s most likely wrong.  That trailer wave is messing with things…who knows how that ultimately ends up over the next few days?  This is far from figured out now.  

As Runnaway said…if we can pull off a few fluffy inches it’s definitely a win. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RDRY said:

Long odds seem to be the only odds we got these days.

Yes sir. And as I mentioned earlier, when we track these from extended lead …7-8 days out, many times things that weren’t foreseen early on(in this case trailing wave) start to emerge as we move along.  And that’s what’s happening now.  It’ll be interesting how this all ends up over the next few days? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

I wouldn't want to pin my hopes on the Ukie.  Although it was pretty consistent from 12z to 0z.  Just strange that the further south track led to more qpf in much of SNE.  It is definitely the wettest of the models.

Well one more will chime in within 30 minutes or less.