• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

On 1/31/2024 at 9:44 AM, gravitylover said:

I had a solid 2-3mm coating on everything, it even managed to freeze on the car windows enough to need scraping. Two mornings in a row with just enough to make it look wintry and to keep the surface muddy. Yay. 

On 1/31/2024 at 9:51 AM, LibertyBell said:

measuring in mm now are we lol

Good morning, gravity, Liberty. For us on the coastal plain it might as well be M&M’s. Stay well, as always …

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Early next week is curious but not placing much stock in it yet

at least its something to track.  I won't put stock into anything until snow is piling up the stake.

Boring weather for sure but thankful for some sunshine.  It was getting a bit depressing there.

• Like 4

On 2/8/2024 at 4:57 PM, LibertyBell said:

For a second I thought you were talking about NY lol

If you remember several years ago in 2012, Chicago had a run of ten days in a row over 80 in mid March. It really messed with their flowering trees. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/chicago/news/warmest-march-on-record-2012-record-temperatures-80s/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

If you remember several years ago in 2012, Chicago had a run of ten days in a row over 80 in mid March. It really messed with their flowering trees. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/chicago/news/warmest-march-on-record-2012-record-temperatures-80s/

I know we had something like this in New York in 1998 towards the end of March, but the one I remember the best is the epic warm stretch in mid March in 1990 when we wore tshirts and shorts to school lol.  It came close to 90 degrees!   But after this it got cold again and we had 1-2" of snow in early April.  And all this was after an epically mild January and February (for back then anyway) which came after a historically cold and dry December which came after our biggest Thanksgiving snowstorm which came after one of our most destructive fall severe seasons on record.

The period from October 1989 through April 1990 was about as extreme as you can get in terms of weather.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

So, does this incoming mess feel like it's gonna be a wet > white 3" slopfest to anyone else? Can we just shoot this one in the ass and move on to spring? I need shit to start leafing out and suck this ground dry not more wetness. #snowornothing! ? 

mid 40’s going into the event is not ideal but that being said, gotta have hope.

• Like 1

BGM’s high end map is eye popping. Banding could absolutely get going but don’t buy into the 18-24 shown across this lol 

8-12 is a more realistic guess but wouldn’t be shocked to see 12-18 spots at elevation. Should be a blitzing kind of event where it’s in and out within 18 hours 

C8889A1C-943F-4576-BA72-981C652069FF.jpeg

3 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

BGM’s high end map is eye popping. Banding could absolutely get going but don’t buy into the 18-24 shown across this lol 

8-12 is a more realistic guess but wouldn’t be shocked to see 12-18 spots at elevation. Should be a blitzing kind of event where it’s in and out within 18 hours 

C8889A1C-943F-4576-BA72-981C652069FF.jpeg

Warning for 6-9” with locally higher totals now