• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

The foot or bust club will moan but couple of inches Tuesday then a brief thaw then good chance at a decent 4 to 8. Not bad and like Dylan said 100 times better than last Jan. Good chance I end up AN snow for Jan. Really enjoying this snow cover and deep winter look for a while. 8⁰ for the low

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully the euro is more right than the gfs. Frequent brutal cold shots on the goofus knifing in late repeatedly. OJ pattern. 

GFS turns the central CONUS and Canada ridging into a psuedo block and allows a lot of meridional flow on the east side of it which allows those cold shots.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The foot or bust club will moan but couple of inches Tuesday then a brief thaw then good chance at a decent 4 to 8. Not bad and like Dylan said 100 times better than last Jan. Good chance I end up AN snow for Jan. Really enjoying this snow cover and deep winter look for a while. 8⁰ for the low

I wish I took what you took

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Any idea why I only hit 13.3 last night? Don't really care, but hope there isn't issue with my station..

Maybe a bit of a breeze? I think it was clear everywhere. That’s the only thing I can think of. I would just keep an eye on it. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Any idea why I only hit 13.3 last night? Don't really care, but hope there isn't issue with my station..

Low of 11.7 this morning in my neck of the woods - not too incredibly far from you.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I only hit 8°, I expected at least 0°....it was crystal clear and calm winds last night when I had the dog out. Definitely did not radiate like I expected, especially with some snow cover

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe a bit of a breeze? I think it was clear everywhere. That’s the only thing I can think of. I would just keep an eye on it. 

There were wild differences in elevation last night. Anyone getting a puff of wind stayed mixed. The Peter Sinkses of New England plummeted. 25° on Mt Lafayette right now but a little north at HIE they hit -15°. My hill was 16° at the top on the car thermo and the bottom was single digits.  It’s not a good morning to judge thermometer accuracy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It had a band, but with the cold air so shallow there, sometimes risk is better NE with the forcing.

Hey, so I just wanted to apologize to you about my tirade yesterday. I guess I had a bit of my own meltdown. You guys are twisted bunch but I'm used to that by now. Guess I just had my moment. Anyway, onwards and upwards

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hey, so I just wanted to apologize to you about my tirade yesterday. I guess I had a bit of my own meltdown. You guys are twisted bunch but I'm used to that by now. Guess I just had my moment. Anyway, onwards and upwards

It’s ok. He deserved it for calling me old AF. :bike:

• Haha 3