Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

Would be epic if anything else would on to support the EURO for this weekend 
Euro has some support from the Canadian. I get it though I'd rather have the GFS on board. Still plenty of time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Newman said:

Euro is quite a paint job for the Lehigh Valley

I remember northern stream systems like this before in the past and remember the Euro being way too far SW with these features and they wind up in New England for a New England Special. 

We shall see how this can possibly dig down further SW, but this is a sneaky feature behind the weekend storm.

I am all in for tracking because it is the only game in town until after say February 7th or so.

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Looks like death out there. Fog, drizzle and temps in the 30s....expect wolves howling once the sun goes down.

38F/drizzle 

I got coyotes 

They have a den accross the street and about three hundred yards away.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I got coyotes 

There's plenty of fox around here and people on the Facebook North Wales borough page reporting coyotes sightings...mayor says, stay cool.

I may sit outside w/a cold one and wait for a coyote..  

39F/Fog

cc.jpg

Dense fog across much of the area this morning rain chances increase through much of the day with upward of 0.5" of rain falling by late tonight. We should see temps rise into the 50's today with low's night likely to set a record warm low temperature for the 26th. The current warm low is 42 degrees set back in 1967 - the current NWS Forecast has us at 46 for a low. Tomorrow looks like the warmest day in this stretch with temps falling back to near normal by Sunday and below normal by Monday. Rain from Saturday night through Monday AM could change to some snow by late Sunday night especially across NW areas.
Records for today: High 73 (1967) / Low 2 below (1935) / Precipitation 2.54" / Snow 25.4" (1905) that was the 2nd day of a 2 day snowstorm that resulted in 29" of snow our 4th largest storm in history behind only February 14, 1899 (53.0") / December 26, 1909 (38.0") and April 12, 1894 (29.2")
image.png.7399ec16503937f6c237bb5b31860a36.png

40 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

43F/light rain/fog  (Dover @ 61F)

jj.jpg

I was curious to see where the NAM was headed after hour 84.

Yeah, NAM at range and this is the longest of long shots, but what the hell…I $hit the blinds on Monday, so…

To be clear, I'm just mangled flake hunting imby. To see white rain during our relax/Pac-puke/MJO-hates-us phases/biblical jet extension/every teleconnection we need negative is positive and vice versa pattern would be a small victory. :weenie:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

To be clear, I'm just mangled flake hunting imby. To see white rain during our relax/Pac-puke/MJO-hates-us phases/biblical jet extension/every teleconnection we need negative is positive and vice versa pattern would be a small victory. :weenie:

I was very much looking forward to 7-10 days of 50's and even 60's with no yellow jackets left before a swing back into winter I think it wants to be cold.