Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

11 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I am out see you for Hurricane Tracking in August! 

Before I go 29.7f humidity 39% dewpoint 9f pressure 29.92 steady cloudy snowfall so far 0.00" 

My bar for tomorrow is 4.3" here in Media Delaware County.  Start time 4:57 am.

Love the precision!! Keep up the great post....winter will return a little sooner than me thinks some folks expect

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I am out see you for Hurricane Tracking in August! 

Before I go 29.7f humidity 39% dewpoint 9f pressure 29.92 steady cloudy snowfall so far 0.00" 

My bar for tomorrow is 4.3" here in Media Delaware County.  Start time 4:57 am.

Off to New Zealand eh? Feeling a 6:43 am start time and 2.1"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Gonna have to rely on the short-range models now though.  The HRRR will become a friend. :lol:

or not LOL.  I would expect a lot of wiggling around by this band either side of the Mason Dixon Line 15-25 miles north and 15-25 miles south of it either way. I am telling of the Heaviest Axis of snow should there be one. 

Just now, Kevin Reilly said:

or not LOL.  I would expect a lot of wiggling around by this band either side of the Mason Dixon Line 15-25 miles north and 15-25 miles south of it either way. I am telling of the Heaviest Axis of snow should there be one. 

Yeah but the HRRR updates every hour so with each run, you have a new chance at winning! :lol:

• Weenie 1

Light Snow 26.4f humidity 99% dewpoint 26f pressure 29.79 wind NE 9 Total Snow so far 1.1"

Looking at radar looks like there is a focus with banding just north of the Mason Dixon line down towards Baltimore and west side edging towards DC moving ENE.

South of Washington kind of Meh.  See how this develops over the next few hours looks like the band is more of a SW to NE orientation at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

I am an absolute no nothing, but it looks like you can kind of walk away from model watching for the next 7-10 days before scoping out what is possible in February. Looks warm and rainy. 

Sounds like it maybe as much as 2-3 weeks :(

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. All the more reason to enjoy today!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duca892 said:

I am an absolute no nothing, but it looks like you can kind of walk away from model watching for the next 7-10 days before scoping out what is possible in February. Looks warm and rainy. 

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Sounds like it maybe as much as 2-3 weeks :(

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. All the more reason to enjoy today!

GEFS and GEPS and EPS to a degree all have a small window around the 29th with a system tracking under us. Problem is antecedent airmass may  not be too favorable. CMC and GFS op are close to something. Looks like a spring storm with higher elevations favored.

Looking out into fantasy land, weird to keep seeing  something consistently popping up on the super extended stuff centered around Presidents Day. Big ones sniffed out early:weenie:?  

• Weenie 3

7 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GEFS and GEPS and EPS to a degree all have a small window around the 29th with a system tracking under us. Problem is antecedent airmass may  not be too favorable. CMC and GFS op are close to something. Looks like a spring storm with higher elevations favored.

Looking out into fantasy land, weird to keep seeing  something consistently popping up on the super extended stuff centered around Presidents Day. Big ones sniffed out early:weenie:?  

Don't they normally tend to trend North as the date gets closer?  ...Roll out the hot dog cart. Suppression at this range isn't super concerning- something to keep an eye on certainly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

As if right on Que the 6z GFS pops a weird looking storm that hits us with some snow but demolished up north around the exact same time frame 

13.5 for the low this AM.  Areas of blowing snow which could cause some of the rural roads near open fields across the area to get recovered with snow. Winds will increase this PM and it will be very cold with high temps in the low 20's. Tomorrow will also be below freezing marking our 7th straight day we have failed to pass the freezing mark. The good news is Monday we will approach or maybe in some areas climb to just above freezing. We should then see milder temps with highs in the 40's for the rest of the week with rain chances almost every day starting Tuesday night.
Records for today: High 67 (1951) / Low minus 8 (1984) / Rain 2.18" (1979) / Snow 5.5" (2000).
Of note yesterday January 19th back in 1994 was the only day in recorded Chester County weather history that the temperature failed to get above zero for the day. The high was 1 below zero with a low of 11 below zero.

image.png.2b38d0b215d547862e236cfe2a322fb6.png

• Like 1

Bottomed out at 17 this morning and did the initial car clearing.  Thankfully that was some powdery stuff (compared to the powder from the earlier storm that had a 1/4" crust of ice on it :axe: ), so was able to clear most of it pretty quickly.

The winds have picked up so the snow is now blowing around.  Currently a sunny but chilly 21 with dp 10.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Shot this quick video early this morning.  My hands were numb, I crashed my drone, but it was beautiful out.  lol

You picture taking/video and drone footage shots are horrible...you should work on it and step up your game.

;)

21F/breezy, windy

• Haha 1