Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

28 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

All of this negativity is making me not even wanna storm chase anymore. 

Agreed - that's why I blocked TimB and KPitSnow a long time ago and the thread is much more factual and weather discussion rather than whining and complaining. Instead of doom and gloom, it is excitment and fun speculation rather than temper tantrums and poopy pants.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

All of this negativity is making me not even wanna storm chase anymore. 

You know what dude, shut up. One, you have been known to be just as negative as anyone here. Two, you spend more time complaining about negativity and people complaining than actually posting about events.

like I don’t even know where this post came from today? Everyone is simply stating this looks like a 2-3 type event which is dissapointing given that this was supposed to be our period for a larger threat. It’s kind of factual. There isn’t anything on here today anyone is saying that is wrong. 

I am honestly sick of the near constant attacks and trolling from you and a couple others 

In all honesty, I am thinking that the NWS is being conservative with the 2" call. The track of the storm looks good. Lets hope is gains a little more strength and maybe we squeeze a 4-6" surprise out of this. 

It is sad that I am hoping for a 4" storm, but that is where we are at...We will get there eventually
It's funny, earlier my NWS forecast actually had amounts in it totaling 4 to 8 inches for the event. They've since taken that out of the forecast probably realizing they jumped the gun with the amounts. I thought it seemed kinda high.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I don’t know if this warrants an advisory even. I mean 2-4 inches but over more than a 24 hour period lol. 

No it doesn’t warrant an advisory. It’s a long duration event that might meet advisory criteria over 36-48 hours. That said, 3-4 inches of snow on snow would be satisfactory. But if it’s 1-2 inches, why even bother?

10 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

More with ratios but NAM is bone dry

fIakRhV.png

Looks like a bunch of nonsense. I love how these high resolution models try to account for geographic features but fail miserably. The Ohio River valley is not a 20-mile wide deep depression in the earth. Many of those areas are 1200-1300' in elevation! I wouldn't even expect such a big elevation difference in this setup when it's going to be way below freezing. Sure the hilltops will probably ring out a bit more moisture, but that's an absurd depiction.

1 minute ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Looks like a bunch of nonsense. I love how these high resolution models try to account for geographic features but fail miserably. The Ohio River valley is not a 20-mile wide deep depression in the earth. Many of those areas are 1200-1300' in elevation! I wouldn't even expect such a big elevation difference in this setup when it's going to be way below freezing. Sure the hilltops will probably ring out a bit more moisture, but that's an absurd depiction.

Not to mention, the National Blend of Models literally had all of southwest PA in the 100% chance of 1"+, so I'm thinking this out to lunch. Lol.

3 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I guess somebody in the Shaler facebook group may know something. My brother just texted me asking if we are about to get a bunch of snow. Somebody in that group said 8-12 lol.

I'm thinking somewhere in between the NAM 3k and the Shaler Facebook group. :P

Mesos trending to strengthen the primary and squash the secondary.  If we wanted a maxima result, we'd want the secondary to develop, tuck, and throw the CCB back across us.  As it is now, it looks more like a traditional clipper.  Makes sense given the lateral flow.

The NBM juiced our totals over the last run to almost 4" average (with >2" at high probably of 91%), up from the 2.7" the previous run.  Next update is 19 UTC so worth watching which way that moves considering the latest mesos.  A disagreement, of sorts?

SREF mean is at 2.7" (ironically) and GEFS average is irrelevant, unfortunately, because the computer is down.  Last plumes were from 0Z 1/16.  I just realized as I was typing this because they were oddly high.

• Like 1