Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

47 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sam Lewis?

We took a drive past there last Friday afternoon - it was crazy how much more snow there was on Mt. Pisgah Road and Freysville Road heading towards Yoe and Dallastown. Those York County hills did very well last week. 

No, a little park called Ironville on top of a small plateau near where Prospect and Fairview Roads meet. Sam Lewis is a good bit higher, no? Like 900’? My parents live down in Red Lion. York definitely has some sneaky areas of elevation. 

25 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

No, a little park called Ironville on top of a small plateau near where Prospect and Fairview Roads meet. Sam Lewis is a good bit higher, no? Like 900’? My parents live down in Red Lion. York definitely has some sneaky areas of elevation. 

Very familiar with Ironville Park - grew up 5 minutes from there. Sam Lewis elevation ranges from 689' up to 885'. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@pasnownut

I saw this morning that you mentioned the teleconnections turning favorable in March.

The GEFS & EPS both show the AO & NAO going negative by the end of the first week of March.

IMG_5315.png

IMG_5314.png

IMG_5313.png

IMG_5312.png

yep.  MJO not as good a signal, but those three appear to he headed in a nice direction.  Gotta see if MJO mutes that good look.  Prob will be a week till ENS guidance starts to show its hand IMO.

• Like 1

Respect is earned, Thats why it's so hard to unseat the reigning champion.
The reigning champion has installed a toilet and mini fridge on his riding mower and a drive-thru window in his house. That is why he is champene.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

The reigning champion has installed a toilet and mini fridge on his riding mower and a drive-thru window in his house. That is why he is champene.

I picture you hosting a "revenge of the nerds" style lawn & garden competition

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Made it to 26 here but back up to 29 now as clouds moved in. 

33 for my overnight low - it was a no jacket, shirt sleeve morning. 

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

Respect is earned, Thats why it's so hard to unseat the reigning champion.

You clearly understand. I respect you for understanding how this works. 

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Never thought about the drive through window...hmm...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Slow day, this. Everyone trying to justify their employment today? Or are we all on the various home and lawn websites upgrading our respective mowing components?

I just got out of a super unproductive 32 minute meeting. It was one that was not run by me.

Good news, it was a 32 minute unproductive meeting that used to last 90 minutes and was just as unproductive.

So, we've slashed over 60% of unproductivity! 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Slow day, this. Everyone trying to justify their employment today? Or are we all on the various home and lawn websites upgrading our respective mowing components?

I’m actually on vacation this week, which means less time checking the board than while I’m at work ha. Also have a sick toddler on my hands who was up all night puking, so that’s great. He seems to be better now. One of those quick-hitter kid stomach bugs. 

• Sad 1

I’m actually on vacation this week, which means less time checking the board than while I’m at work ha. Also have a sick toddler on my hands who was up all night puking, so that’s great. He seems to be better now. One of those quick-hitter kid stomach bugs. 
Flu is going around up here. My kid's daycare sent a message yesterday about several positive flu tests. I can't believe in 2024 we haven't been able to make kids Iike cars and just swap out parts when they go to shit and when they're not broken down they don't get sick.

• Like 1