• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

At home - all snow on my south-facing lawn and under/around trees is gone. Still a couple/few inches elsewhere. 

Like @canderson - my neighbor down the road did not touch his driveway, nor was there any activity on it. His driveway was almost completely dry an hour ago. 

@Mount Joy Snowman- I'm at work now as I have a few in-person meetings this evening. 441 from Columbia to Washington Boro...hardly any snow left to be seen. The park in Washington Boro is probably close to 75% free of snow. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The rain around midnight last night was deafening...it sounded like a July nighttime thunderstorm. 

Loudest I heard since summer thunderstorms....including the rain at 5AM when many of you had switched to snow.  I am not a melter/qpf type person, but I think I was close to 2" total over here as well.   I know I was at 1 1/4" just from rain/before the snow. 

• Like 1

Still approx 4” imby. Photo too large. Ugh. Sleds can still run in spots around here but lotsa melting this after. Tomorrow is colder but might not be enough to hold it unless we feeeze hard tonight. Not sure mid 20’s do a lot to help. Nice event all the same. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Loudest I heard since summer thunderstorms....including the rain at 5AM when many of you had switched to snow.  I am not a melter/qpf type person, but I think I was close to 2" total over here as well.   I know I was at 1 1/4" just from rain/before the snow. 

I was surprised to hear that we flipped before you - that's another oddity in a storm that was full of 'em. I measured .57" of rain before the flip. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was surprised to hear that we flipped before you - that's another oddity in a storm that was full of 'em. I measured .57" of rain before the flip. 

The models were super consistent in keeping rain over here longer than other areas.  I am glad the Blizz Storm got you guys so good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luckily for me the storm worked in easy numbers recorded by my Davis weather station. Recorded a total of 1.00” of LE.  Of that, .40” was rain and .60” fell as snow.  I measured 6” of snow so a perfect 10:1 ratio fell here.  It also snowed for exactly 6 hours meaning it snowed a steady average if 1”/hr where I am located just west of Lebanon

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

At home - all snow on my south-facing lawn and under/around trees is gone. Still a couple/few inches elsewhere. 

Like @canderson - my neighbor down the road did not touch his driveway, nor was there any activity on it. His driveway was almost completely dry an hour ago. 

@Mount Joy Snowman- I'm at work now as I have a few in-person meetings this evening. 441 from Columbia to Washington Boro...hardly any snow left to be seen. The park in Washington Boro is probably close to 75% free of snow. 

Oh wow.  Being right there low along the river certainly doesn’t help — call it the MDT conundrum.  My yard still looks pretty good. I just got done shoveling the driveway (WNW facing) and there was about 1-2 inches of heavy wet stuff left on it. I would have let it go for tomorrow’s sun to finish off but have to leave early in the morning and didn’t want to start the day with a face plant ha. 

• Like 1

Just got my gauge the rest of the way melted out..

Event total liquid: 0.36”, of which a tenth was rain and the remaining 0.26” was snowfall that accumulated 2.3”. Yields roughly a ratio of 9 to 1.

High today was 40ºF and some patches of snow remain. High wind gust so far this evening is 29.3mph. Temps are falling now (34ºF) and some NW flow snow shower action starting up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Oh wow.  Being right there low along the river certainly doesn’t help — call it the MDT conundrum.  My yard still looks pretty good. I just got done shoveling the driveway (WNW facing) and there was about 1-2 inches of heavy wet stuff left on it. I would have let it go for tomorrow’s sun to finish off but have to leave early in the morning and didn’t want to start the day with a face plant ha. 

I let Mother Nature do her thing this afternoon & tried to let the majority melt off with sun & temp in the low 40s.

The concrete that was left from the plows was brutal to shovel. There was wasn’t much left on the sidewalk, so I didn’t think it was worth getting the snowblower out.

I’ll be sore tomorrow for sure…

• Like 1

MDT actually did better in than originally reported earlier today.

The 5 pm climate summary shows 7.7 inches of snow recorded today at MDT.

Let’s see if this holds overnight with the final daily report, but the amount of precip today that fell as snow would certainly support this number.

IMG_5164.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

MDT actually did better in than originally reported earlier today.

The 5 pm climate summary shows 7.7 inches of snow recorded today at MDT.

Let’s see if this holds overnight with the final daily report, but the amount of precip today that fell as snow would certainly support this number.

IMG_5164.jpeg

Almost double mby. Dang!

• Like 1