• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

I think they would usually not issue a Warning unless the first number is 5.  So 5-7, 5-10, etc.  It is a watch and not a warning so really just a heads up more than a forecast. 

Right, it'll be turned into a WWA soon enough

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Right, it'll be turned into a WWA soon enough

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

For a watch I guess they could issue it for any reason....if he had a warning for 2-5" it would not be what I thought they usually do.  I once read that they now use the midpoint of ranges to trigger the warning so I guess 4-6 could trigger it also.    This is all Google info so maybe an NWS savvy met has exact thoughts.  

The watch "AFD" itself suggests their reason for issue it but it also does not match his zone forecast. It does better match the zone for Nothern Dauphin.  Just not sure they split counties for watches.   The zone for southern Dauphin only has 2-4".  

PAZ025>028-034-056-057-059-111415-
/O.NEW.KCTP.WS.A.0003.240213T0400Z-240213T1800Z/
Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Bedford-Perry-Dauphin-Lebanon-
Including the cities of Altoona, Huntingdon, Mount Union,
Lewistown, Mifflintown, Bedford, Newport, Harrisburg, Hershey,
and Lebanon
246 PM EST Sat Feb 10 2024

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH
TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6
  inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Gfs well north from Nam. If this goes down as Gfs is showing, or north, Icon is hands-down the victor of all the models. It's been north of all guidance consistently. 

GFS is north? It’s basically over for us then.  Oh well, I never had hope at least. 

5 minutes ago, TimB said:

This thing is dead. CTP jumping the gun on issuing a winter storm watch with their already piddly 5” criteria compared to the 6” criteria the entire rest of the northeast uses, seems like false hope.

Yep, it’s already Tuesday….

I must have slept for 3 freaking days…

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yep, it’s already Tuesday….

I must have slept for 3 freaking days…

Dude please be respectful. We all want it to snow as much as you do, but sometimes your wishcasting and “grasping at straws” approach when things are clearly trending in the wrong direction are a bit much. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Storm Clouds said:

Dude please be respectful. We all want it to snow as much as you do, but sometimes your wishcasting and “grasping at straws” approach when things are clearly trending in the wrong direction are a bit much. 

I mean doesn't help when Tim who is from my area comes in your forum and stirs the pot....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I mean doesn't help when Tim who is from my area comes in your forum and stirs the pot....

As a second straight winter that is a complete and total failure for the eastern US becomes more and more of a possibility, it’s getting harder and harder to be positive and to not be cynical.