Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Adding on to my general thoughts from earlier. If you add up the variables. A very slow mjo progression. The timing of the soi tanking. The block coupling with another SPV weakening. I don’t think the pattern flips again. I think we simply run the table here and winter just slowly fades later in March or April as it just gets too warm barring an extreme event eventually.  Yes there will be fluctuations within that period but I don’t think we we another overall hostile long wave period this cold season. 

That said if we do the timing of possible waves and project that we have at least until March 10 before climo starts to become a big problem, starting with Feb 14 we should have at a minimum 5 waves to track and maybe as many as 7. Each of these waves will have a chance as they eject from the west. Maybe some cut. Maybe some are suppressed. The lead wave could have temp issues. But it would take monumental bad luck to strike out on every one of these!  And I’m being very conservative here. If we extend the window to perhaps March 15 or even March 20 given the right pattern, it could be as many as 8-10 waves with a chance. No we won’t hit them all. We won’t even hit most. But damn it we just need one big flush hit.  Throw in maybe one or two other lesser events and we walk off into the sunset as the credits roll. 

Great post today by @psuhoffman on the upcoming pattern potential.

Rest up & buckle up!

6 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Another cold morning 18 here every morning seems to be getting colder this week. Yesterday it dropped to 20 after I posted that it was 22.

Same. I bottomed out Monday night at 21 after posting it was 22 when I left the house. This morning was 23 when I left. Much less frost this morning though.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I looked at everything before coming in here and knew Bliz would be busy. Buckle up my friend, you've got a lot of work ahead of you this week and hopefully beyond!

If we can score even a little bit with early next week, while tracking something like what the GFS has for PD weekend…. Oh my….

Today was chaos with the budget address so I haven’t been able to read anything. We still looking at a decent shot of a storm in mid to late month?
You write the bit in there about making reefer legal?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk