Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Icon looks ready to go boom past 180hrs on 12z run.

yeah, looks like it hits a cold brick wall and transfers far south enough to go boom over us.

but thats extrapolating and wishcasting combined....

Kanook house model is a clean A that comes up and no transfer, but inland enough to keep us southers wet n not white.  Northers approve.

Just need the cold, and I'd take that look in a heartbeat, but again thats me wishing.

Some really interesting statistics for Chester County that really makes you question some of the historical temperature trending data we see. Incredibly the NCEI data set for Chester County PA. Of note from 1895 through 1970 (77 years) the reported average Chester County temperatures for 73 of those 77 (95%) years is now reported as lower than any available reporting site in the county in those years. So are we to assume all stations in Chester County were faulty for 95% of the reporting observations through 1970??

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Euro followed the GFS lead and slowed down the progression for 2/13 system while also keeping it well south of the area (again.)    The slower movement missed the opening to come north like last run. 

Yep. Figured that would happen once the Euro was showing a closed low in Texas. Closed 5H lows along or near the Gulf never come north unless you have northern stream energy at the perfect spot pulling them north. Much better odds with an open 5H low. Of course, once to WVA or Western VA and to our south, close em' on up and we'll rock.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Yep. Figured that would happen once the Euro was showing a closed low in Texas. Closed 5H lows along or near the Gulf never come north unless you have northern stream energy at the perfect spot pulling them north. Much better odds with an open 5H low. Of course, once to WVA or Western VA and to our south, close em' on up and we'll rock.

That is a good call. That is also a big factor in its slower speed as depicted. 

7 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Eps with alot of Snowy solutions for next week.

Best run in a while in regards to a specific threat

I was just looking at it...the timing is not what I expected re: the 12th in to the 13th.  It is almost like some of the members have a follow up wave.   Maybe it is just timing differences.   I cannot see each member's panel (did not look at MA.)  The mean is in Maine before some of the accums in PA. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I just the panels.  Some real big hits on about 25% of the members. 

Yes. I was a little surprised how many big hits there was. Looks like most are a Monday night into Daytime Tuesday deal.

Definitely a thread the needle type deal. The air mass is trash leading in.

• Like 1