Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

How was it? We hear good things about it from over our way.

We have gone there often; it is more about the ambiance than the food though the food is fine.  They make a mean Black Bean Burger.   Real fire candles on the tables...like eating in a Pub during the mid 1700's.  Even the walk downstairs is a skinny hall to let you know this is an old building.  Only seats about 12-15 parties at once so crazy busy during the summer.   Not to be mistaken with the dinner side at the top which is a $$$$ place.    This is the lunch place downstairs where the poor people go. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Love Dobbin House. Like going back in time…..

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have gone there often; it is more about the ambiance than the food though the food is fine.  They make a mean Black Bean Burger.   Real fire candles on the tables...like eating in a Pub during the mid 1700's.  Even the walk downstairs is a skinny hall to let you know this is an old building.  Only seats about 12-15 parties at once so crazy busy during the summer.   Not to be mistaken with the dinner side at the top which is a $$$$ place.    This is the lunch place downstairs where the poor people go. 

Thanks - downstairs dining for us. :)

Sounds somewhat similar to the taverns in Colonial Williamsburg.

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We were going there for lunch but turned around when the police were directing us to the far parking area.  

I was able to get a closer parking spot with so many people leaving. The lines for the lifts are 20 minute wait

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I was able to get a closer parking spot with so many people leaving. The lines for the lifts are 20 minute wait

I saw the lines as we drove to the top of the hill and back down after turning out of the parking area.  I assumed at least 15 min.  Glad they are getting business.    I can ski some but a bit cold today with the wind. 

2 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

It’s been coming south each run.

I worry it would be hard for that one to produce for us with little cold air around prior to its arrival.    The temps are above freezing at 2M even where it shows snow.   It does have some snow showers in the MA as an artic front cross the LSV 2-3 days after this system but we would need the clipper bringing the front to dig more like it was a few runs ago.   Highs below freezing the 31'st.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I worry it would be hard for that one to produce for us with little cold air around prior to its arrival.    The temps are above freezing at 2M even where it shows snow.   It does have some snow showers in the MA and LSV 2-3 days after this system with colder air around, but we would need that clipper to dig more like it was a few runs ago. 

A low 990s low off of the coast could make it “cold enough” in prime time climo season with some cold nearby to tap.

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

A low 990s low off of the coast could make it “cold enough” in prime time climo season with some cold nearby to tap.

I think our best shot, IF the GFS depiction of the 28th low heading into NE Canada is right, is this period if we can get the clipper 100-200 miles south.  Work some magic with that low forming off the NC coast.    The coldest air on this side of the globe is sitting right above us. 

image.thumb.png.b6b7548ae374362667b0efce76ec24b9.png

• Like 1

Over amped on this one because of all the blind shitting (that stinks!) but the clipper coming a bit farther south would sharpen the trough and try to keep the southern stream energy closer (not going to say phase) with us in the deep freeze at that point.   Maybe (probably?) a fairy tale but it is something to monitor. 

image.thumb.png.1304898df93395e8d24afd07066fd85b.png

Packers really outplayed them. 49ers deserved to lose.

Agreed. And I think this game reiterated that when the niners are missing even one single weapon on offense, they kind of look like paper tigers, pretty mundane.. their defense is solid but not special.. I don’t think their game against the Ravens was a fluke.. if it comes down to a re-match I think they get handled again.

16 this AM.  Models all over the place with next weekend into the following week.  Euro shows frozen over the LSV now for the 28th storm but still no development afterwards.  GFS trough placement is a bit farther offshore so that is a step back but still spreads light snow into the area on the 31st as a piece of energy goes by to the south.    CMC has the clipper provide light snow on the 30th AND has some frozen in much of PA as soon as Wed as a 1039 high pushes light CAD down the apps.  

Yes, models are still all over the place for late January.

The Euro has a low on the 28th that jumps to the coast that gets some frozen to CTP.

The Canadian has nothing for the 28th, but has the Clipper for the 30th.

The 6z GFS has a weaker system on the 28th that gets snow to southern PA.

Hopefully today brings us closer to clarity hope that period.

IMG_4617.png

IMG_4621.png

IMG_4620.png