• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

FINAL observation: Sitting at 24/22 and an additional .1” brings the event total to 4.5”. Very pleased.

Intrigued by all this talk of long-lived streamers tomorrow. Doubt we see much of anything down this way but love to see the strong wording from CTP. Settling in for a couple days of arctic cold. Fireplace and whiskey kind of night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same people 3 or 4 weeks ago said nothing showing for snow; then we get 3 storms in a row,[ now again same people saying nothing for 3 or 4 weeks, because someone or some model said so. we now see possible storm on the 29th, could hit us deep snow could disappear, but it's there now. nothing showing today doesn't mean nothing tomorrow; oh wait it does show something today for the 29th. something hopefully to track. The experts can't figure out 3 days let alone 3 weeks. As we all know computers are wrong many times, they aren't god's.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes! Easily the heaviest snow of the day for the last 20 minutes & still ongoing. All surfaces covered & roads caved again. At least a couple of tenths so far with this band.

yeah heaviest band all day and edit now I see it on radar before it didnt show up

• Like 1

yeah first I got home it didnt show up on radar but going form west shore to my dads in middletown easily laid down a inch of snow in that short time on some of the roads main highway started to cave 

1 minute ago, Ruin said:

yeah first I got home it didnt show up on radar but going form west shore to my dads in middletown easily laid down a inch of snow in that short time on some of the roads main highway started to cave 

Keep those reports from Middletown coming!

I’m curious to see how MDT is doing with this band.

6 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

0z GFS has the 30th coastal storm chance with a low on the Outer Banks of NC.

IMG_4576.png

6Z GFS is a wonky evolution but still our next open chance of snow it would seem.  The GEFS supports part of the evolution in that cold returns late Jan.     A lot would depend on the 28th low (which is snow for part of PA in its own right) knocking down heights over the Eastern US as it departs in yet another 50/50 low hope.  As depicted it gets into the mid to upper 20's in Central Florida the last day of Jan.    The Euro does not develop the same energy for the 28th so it is not going to lead to nearly as much cold pulled down.  It actually has a NS system cutting off the cold.  CMC in between.  

Peter Griffin Blinds GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wxdavis5784 said:

Hey guys, measured 4.5" today just south of Hanover, PA today. What a week of winter... My kids forgot what snow was!

20/17- Hoping for a bonus streamer band tonight... 

This system was a big win for us southern PA folks.    I have shoveled 3 times in 2 weeks!   Some people in DE ended up with 8-12"! 

• Like 6