Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Currently it's 5 degrees here. It never got below 7 last year.

We got down to 9 at 8PM but up to 14 now.    Our low last year was -3 so that will stand for the night it appears.    You are 18-20 below MDT right now!   THV also up 2 degrees in the last hour. SW winds starting to bring in some milder air. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We got down to 9 at 8PM but up to 14 now.    Our low last year was -3 so that will stand for the night it appears.    You are 18-20 below MDT right now!   THV also up 2 degrees in the last hour. SW winds starting to bring in some milder air. 

Seriously, what is up at MDT.

Even the surface of hell at Cap City Airport is at 16 currently!

IMG_4530.jpeg

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

18z Euro had its best run since a couple of days ago.

after reading the last few pages, I will giggle my ass off if this starts to moisten up as often IS the case as we get closer and we get back into 2-4".

Most of us know how things roll and know that EVERY map has a degree of bias/adjustment needed when viewing.  Didnt think this needed said after doing this for as long as we have. 

I'm assuming you know better as well .  If not, catch up...;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Icon has more for me than the Nam did.    Mitch too.  That was not a right proper namming.  Need to be 3X higher than any other model...LOL. 

Really, there are subtle (somewhat subtle) differences in QPF distribution across the area, the NAM really went wild east of here. That fell in line with MU's map, which is unlike most of the forecast maps I've seen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Really, there are subtle (somewhat subtle) differences in QPF distribution across the area, the NAM really went wild east of here. That fell in line with MU's map, which is unlike most of the forecast maps I've seen. 

I am just kidding about the namming...it was a namming well East of here over your way and east.      Philly thread is Pro Nam. 

54 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Based purely on the Nam, this is really close to something bigger. 4-6 hour difference between this and a general 6-10" event for many imho.

looks notably better wrt spacing and qpf field.  Crowd pleaser for many (of course w/ normal adjustments made to said model bias)

Snow during the morning will give way to lingering snow showers during the early afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 20's. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. So my forecast for friday they only have snow in the morning giving way to snow showers in the early afternoon. still going for a 1-3 inch ball park but temps either are an error or this storm brings its own cold and with the clouds for thursday it just cant get up to the 30s

was out on snowmobiles w/ son tonight.  Basically burnt some OLD gas out and put some fresh in for weekend.

First time in almost 2 years since we've been able to ride down here.  Was bony as hell in plowed fields, but hoping we take care of that this weekend.  Decent amount of other tracks, so I guess we weren't the only ones anxious to ride.  Have fun model watchin all, I'm headed to bed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Snow during the morning will give way to lingering snow showers during the early afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 20's. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. So my forecast for friday they only have snow in the morning giving way to snow showers in the early afternoon. still going for a 1-3 inch ball park but temps either are an error or this storm brings its own cold and with the clouds for thursday it just cant get up to the 30s

I thought you were near MDT.  I just did a point and click and it says high of 29 which is in line with most models....maybe a degree or two low. 

image.thumb.png.2681929e972e540cb81bab6561c588de.png

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I thought you were near MDT.  I just did a point and click and it says high of 29 which is in line with most models....maybe a degree or two low. 

image.thumb.png.2681929e972e540cb81bab6561c588de.png

thats where my dad lives. I visit him often but im about 20 mins north.

• Like 1