Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Busy day! Just getting around to seeing this my man. 

Haven’t looked too closely at Friday, so I’ll reserve any comment until I get a better look at guidance. It does look like a close call for a moderate event in the LSV and around the Mason Dixon. Best opportunity is currently north. I’ll try to chime in tonight with more when I get a better handle. Today was a lot of running around and taking care of stuff, plus snow cleanup. Man, it actually was nice to be cleaning snow!! :lol:

In the "good old days" snow meant a slowdown in work for people not in the Met Profession but with current technology availability, it is getting hard to find time for snow anymore...a shame.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z GFS wasn’t far off on showing something a little more, but it still gets another Advisory level event to CTP this run.

IMG_4503.png

GFS has SS energy waayyyy out in front of NS meet n greet, which is muckin up a better event IMO.  RGEM has enough interaction to enhance qpf round here, and snow maps above show it.  Not saying its right, but its the one to hug for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Yeah. Just another disappointment.  Lol

Actually, I'm fine with it. It covered the grass, looks beautiful, and didn't interfere with travel. Plus, we've got Friday, then shut the blinds until the last days of January or start of February. Seems like that's when the cold returns after the warmup that starts Monday. 

Yeah I can’t complain. Kids went sledding and had a blast. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wind blown snow is a problem - my sidewalk was clear around 4 but now is snow covered and turning into ice. Saw two cars so pin on 11/15 a few mins ago because the snow being blown into ice. 

Lawyers' kids have to eat too you know.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Everything at the Morning Sun flea market is going to freeze.  With that said, It is 16 here.  Probably headed for 0-5 here tonight.

I'm at 19 and 12 miles west of the airport, meaning the cold air got here first. I  guess I'm having a hard time buying that reading. Couple of degrees, sure. But 5?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

I don’t mind seeing the Euro a little south of us with the heavier stuff.

I agree. The Canadian has the heaviest totals north of the MD line through most of our region. A compromise would put southern PA in the sweet spot. This event should have good raitios as well.

• Like 1