Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Busier than you think haha. The major routes around here (I-99, US 22, US 322, US 219) are moderately busy, especially around State College. The stretch of Route 322 that goes up the Allegheny Front towards Clearfield was closed for several hours during Tuesday morning’s snow blast, as were several other intermediate routes in the area. I’m looking north of here for any potential bigger issues this evening, though we’ll see. North-central up above I-80 has been the target area for several inches of snow. Between here and State College on the I-99 corridor will be need to be watched when precip arrives this eve, but this one will be starting with warmer surface temps. 

Yea, after the day instead of before the day like before.  I did not think of that until you mentioned now. 

12 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Not impossible to play, but impossible to play well.

Exactly what the Steelers want and need haha

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

IMO, they should reschedule if that happens.  Both for the sanctity of the game and for the fans.   They would probably make it illegal to be on the roads. 

Never!

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@MAG5035 - the potential heavy snowfall rates in Orchard Park will be just one element - BUF forecasting winds Sunday afternoon at 25-30mph sustained with gusts in the 40s. It's going to be very difficult to execute pretty much anything on offense. 

Not to mention Saturday night having 65mph wind gusts. Man I don’t know haha, BUF grids around there have 8-12 by Sunday morning and it looks like the main band focuses there in the morning right up to game time on high res guidance before maybe it slides just south. That’s going to be really difficult for fans to get to day of. Being a playoff game, not much you can do. I’m sure they wouldn’t move venues. About the only thing you could do is push the game to Monday.. and there’s still heavy snow in the grids that day too. 

PFT finally had an article about it this morning. 

“We are monitoring conditions as we do for every game, but there have been no discussionsabout making a change to the game’s status,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told WGRZ.com.

The current forecast doesn’t call for significant snow on game day, but there is a winter storm watch. Wind could also be an issue on Sunday

I don’t know where Florio is getting his weather forecast but it certainly isn’t the NWS. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Not to mention Saturday night having 65mph wind gusts. Man I don’t know haha, BUF grids around there have 8-12 by Sunday morning and it looks like the main band focuses there in the morning right up to game time on high res guidance before maybe it slides just south. That’s going to be really difficult for fans to get to day of. Being a playoff game, not much you can do. I’m sure they wouldn’t move venues. About the only thing you could do is push the game to Monday.. and there’s still heavy snow in the grids that day too. 

PFT finally had an article about it this morning. 

I don’t know where Florio is getting his weather forecast but it certainly isn’t the NWS. 

We had that situation in Philly a couple times (not football, indoor pro) and they postponed the games because non-essential travel was banned....and they thought leaving the games on to play would encourage people to break the law.   Not playoffs though. 

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

CMC gets the most votes for "nooner model to hug" status

verbatim, snow on snow as the 19th event is coming back into the fray.  

TTFN

Agreed & 2 legit threats to track within the next week.

Lots of upside potential as well for the 19th with the pattern at the time & Plenty of cold available.

Here are the GFS & Canadian for the 19th chance for those that have not seen it yet.

IMG_4325.png

IMG_4326.png

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Step back from last night’s 0z, but with Kuchera ratio, we still could have Warning level snow in the LSV.

Yes, but more importantly, it has a decent storm. Just can't believe Euro is that much better.

• Like 1

12z vs 6z GEFS on the means, pretty notable step back this run

image.thumb.png.b928b83f6fd78f462dfa0c5940739232.png

I think a more progressive outcome is still workable (and perhaps the most likely outcome currently) as the 500mb energy diving in behind the developing coastal low probably still helps generate the shield of precip thats been on the GFS and Canadian. It wouldn’t a be a big hitter for us but a light to moderate event with a cold column can make up some in ratios. Need to get the Euro on board to at least some degree at some point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Step back from last night’s 0z, but with Kuchera ratio, we still could have Warning level snow in the LSV.

Actually, on second look, Ukie is warm and spits out around .75" of qpf. Problem is it's all wound up with a 995 slp in NJ, so it shows rain in addition to snow. It's second to Euro in scoring, so I'll be shocked if the Euro doesn't come around to a storm idea, and hopefully not too wound up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Actually, on second look, Ukie is warm and spits out around .75" of qpf. Problem is it's all wound up with a 995 slp in NJ, so it shows rain in addition to snow. It's second to Euro in scoring, so I'll be shocked if the Euro doesn't come around to a storm idea, and hopefully not too wound up.

Thanks & do you have the Ukie Kuchera map?