Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am always across the street at Mexican where they make the drinks with double Tequila.     I hate the parking battle for your place.  You guys need a Red Robin.   Then there is too much ingestion!  Free fries means make yourself sick so you feel like the money was well spent.  

I haven't ordered fries in over 10 years...literally! My wife used to but her genetic cholesterol issue won't letter unless she wants to go on meds, which she doesn't.  No, go ahead and kill yourself at Red Robin while I'm driving around looking for parking.  Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Icon not heavy on the dark blues but there are great ratios with that look.

Its coming around and I'm fine w/ where its at.  Notably SLP pops in central NC (which is about 200-250 miles NW of 6z. 

Gut says GFS nooner is gonna be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

What do you think about the 500mb differences out west?  To me that’s part of the equation of why the Euro is doing what it’s doing having a potent shortwave swinging down into the Pac NW dampening the western ridge where the GFS just has a nicely amplified ridge all the way up thru BC and no shortwave whatsoever. On the other hand I guess other guidance like the Canadian has that shortwave feature similar to the Euro and manages to be even further inside with the track than the GFS. But putting the Euro and GFS side by side that’s a big difference in the major features out west. 

image.thumb.png.fc486f2083265d7a09a0d5954d668473.png

There’s certainly some integral parts to assess in that area and the way they are handled on guidance. I would imagine this is one important part to the puzzle in the downstream pattern. Kind of wild to see such massive differences at these leads into an event. A model battle in that area might be what sends our setup in either direction. 

• Like 1

Just now, canderson said:

GFS looks an awfully like the bad Euro runs. 

I think (just my opinion) this has gone from what was a great looking for a sweeping low from the Southeast (what we saw days ago) to a timing nightmare of needing up to 3 pieces of energy now to time everything right to either form or have a low climb the coast.   It may do it at 18Z.  This not showing it is not a big deal IMO but real hard to see any consensus from this type of situation as to the next few days. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think (just my opinion) this has gone from what was a great looking for a sweeping low from the Southeast (what we saw days ago) to a timing nightmare of needing up to 3 pieces of energy now to time everything right to either form or have a low climb the coast.   It may do it at 18Z.  This not showing it is not a big deal IMO but real hard to see any consensus from this type of situation as to the next few days. 

Yeah, makes sense. No reason to panic - we wont't have a clear picture of all the parts that will steer and build the system until Sunday like the great @MAG5035 said. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

About a 1/4 of PA, including Magland, still has potential snow on the way for rush hour today.   What is rush hour like in the Laurels?  LOL

Busier than you think haha. The major routes around here (I-99, US 22, US 322, US 219) are moderately busy, especially around State College. The stretch of Route 322 that goes up the Allegheny Front towards Clearfield was closed for several hours during Tuesday morning’s snow blast, as were several other intermediate routes in the area. I’m looking north of here for any potential bigger issues this evening, though we’ll see. North-central up above I-80 has been the target area for several inches of snow. Between here and State College on the I-99 corridor will be need to be watched when precip arrives this eve, but this one will be starting with warmer surface temps. 

• Like 1