Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

13 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

That’s on all the models 

talks in here early about the hrrr model sometimes overdoes precip and or warmer temps lately so who knows. im seeing any where from 1-2 inchs from the nws calling 4-8 but could be close to 10. So I have a 9 inch spread lol better luck in vegas 

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hey, it has been a lot of months since I remember seeing you post welcome back. Lol

Thanks. Usually just come on to read once in a while.

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hey nice to see you posting! Hope all is well. 

All good here thanks for asking.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ruin said:

weather channel was reported to be setting up in harrisburg has any one seen Jim C in harrisburg he loves thundersnow 

I think they had 6 or 7 crews going to be from say West Virginia up through New York state and I believe further north.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

3k looked much better than the paper on my small phone view.  I think the 12 tool me down to 2 or 3"

The 3km NAM has much more QPF too; had Harrisburg area receiving around 1.2” in liquid equivalent.  At one point around 6PM tomorrow it was snowing 2-3”/hr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 10 PM EST SATURDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total accumulations of 4 to 7 inches. * WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania. * WHEN...From 8 AM to 10 PM EST Saturday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The snow will likely be heavy at times between noon and 7 pm, then diminish significantly thereafter. A change to mixed precipitation is possible by early evening south and east of interstate 81. Updated for me earlier it was 4-8 so they knocked off 1 inch from the high point not to bad honestly Ill take 5 lol. worked called me and said limited shifts for tomorrow. I go in at 8am tho instead of 10 but I get out at 4. so maybe during the heavy part of the storm 

25 minutes ago, Beagles20 said:

I think they had 6 or 7 crews going to be from say West Virginia up through New York state and I believe further north.

Oh nice covering up a good range incase the storm does one thing or another. I remember years back they sent some one to the reported center of a blizzard. It moved like 100 miles south and you could see Jim really pissed off in the middle of light rain and temps in the 40s 

12 minutes ago, Ruin said:

so all the models are increasing totals again by a bit or holding serve. as I see some forecasts being lowered this is honestly a head scratcher. 

It is all relative.  Rgem lost 3-5 inches for much of the LSV (from the runs at 6Z)  but basically meshing with the other models now.  Still looks good I think.   Rgem was too high.  FV3 gained 3" in some areas it was too low in.