Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Ruin said:

what I dislike about abc27 when they do the intro to weather. they say your most accurate forecast . 1 where are they getting this from what agency say your the most accurate 2 what is the % of the accuracy? 

I hate when places do this. There is an investment firm that is always like “clearly different money management” as their slogan.

like what the hell do you differently? If I go with Merrill are they going to throw all my money into Enron? 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

My wife occasionally watches the local news with Finkbiener (sp?) and says he's pretty good. But we haven't been up here with a nail biter snow threat like this one. Idk what he's said as of now because she hasn't been watching any local news lately. 

He has an extreme bias when it comes to snow cold. it feels like he always rubs salt in your eyes when a storm doesnt pan out 

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

I hate when places do this. There is an investment firm that is always like “clearly different money management” as their slogan.

like what the hell do you differently? If I go with Merrill are they going to throw all my money into Enron? 

lol yeah 

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

My wife occasionally watches the local news with Finkbiener (sp?) and says he's pretty good. But we haven't been up here with a nail biter snow threat like this one. Idk what he's said as of now because she hasn't been watching any local news lately. 

I usually watch WGAL or Fox43 if I tune in. It will be interesting to see how they score on this one.

5 minutes ago, Wxdavis5784 said:

I usually watch WGAL or Fox43 if I tune in. It will be interesting to see how they score on this one.

For us, the modeling has been pretty consistent...almost scarily so! That should make their job easier. Still waiting for the rug to get rug pulled out but not gunna worry about it one way or the other. You haven't been a real disappointed snow weenie unless you lived south of Baltimore for 60+ years.

• Like 1

Haven't seen it posted in this forum yet, so I  question your weenie allegiance. Lol But giving you the benefit of the doubt, you do know that the GGEM has a 6z and 18z run, don't you?  If you don't, the only place I've seen it offered is meteocentre.com. 

Today's 18z run is very good and similar to today's 12z. Unfortunately, meteocentre doesn't have pretty snowfall maps. It only tells you how much qpf in millimeters falls as snow  (for inches, multiply mm x .4.) The closest view for PA they offer is the Quebec map. Anyway, I've attached the precip snowfall thru the end of the run, 84 hrs like the Rgem. Also, the surface map at 84 showing snow still falling in central and eastern parts of PA. Finally, a link for yourself to the Ggem. They have more models, but we can get those from other sources with more info.

https://meteocentre.com/numerical-weather-prediction/forecast-systems.php?lang=en&map=qc&run=18&mod=cmc_gdps&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest

SN_000-084_0000 (24).gif

PT_PN_084_0000 (5).gif

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Haven't seen it posted in this forum yet, so I  question your weenie allegiance. Lol But giving you the benefit of the doubt, you do know that the GGEM hasca 6z and 18z run, don't you?  If you don't, the only place I've seen it offered is meteocentre.com. 

Today's 18z run is very good and similar to today's 12z. Unfortunately, meteocentre doesn't have pretty snowfall maps. It only tells you how much qpf in millimeters falls as snow  (for inches, multiply mm x .4.) The closest view for PA they offer is the Quebec map. Anyway, I've attached the precip snowfall thru the end of the run, 84 hrs like the Rgem. Also, the surface map at 84 showing snow still falling in central and eastern parts of PA. Finally, a link for yourself to the Ggem. They have more models, but we can get those from other sources with more info.

https://meteocentre.com/numerical-weather-prediction/forecast-systems.php?lang=en&map=qc&run=18&mod=cmc_gdps&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest

SN_000-084_0000 (24).gif

PT_PN_084_0000 (5).gif

You had me at hasca. 

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

You know, I think we could cool it on certain things but I reported a post by metfan of all people where he randomly showed up in the Pittsburgh thread trolling posting snow maps if nyc getting crushed and the storm basically missing us.

if I went to the ny or mid Atlantic sub and did that I would be banned or five posted in a minute….just saying

Metfan is harmless. I don’t think he was actually trolling.

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

Honestly, I  have not watched local tv for weather, when I  lived in MD or here, since PD2 in 2/03. 

Since Calhoun and 27’s guy left I stopped watching as well. Don’t miss local weather stations. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not great for us.

I'm in the same accumulation level as 12z. Euro is warmest of all of them. Like I said earlier today, it's so over amplified I  don't put much stock in it. I could be wrong, but we have 66 hrs to fret about it...and I plan on using every hour!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1