Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

14 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

He has been spot on! He is a warminster but I got to like him for his forecasting.

At the end of the day, that's what matters. Some people are turned off by forecasts they don't want to hear...I want to read/listen to someone who is right. Saves a whole lot of disappointment later on.

• Like 4

Up intill covid I almost never got sick. On Christmas eve I came down with my 5th and worst covid infection to date while cooking Christmas dinner. It was supposed to be for my family and completely ruined the family Christmas.  I could really use the the 4th, and or the 7th storms. Unfortunately I'm not feeling very optimistic about either atp. I still haven't got to truly test out my snow mono suit that I spent well over a grand on almost two years ago . The suit should allow me to not need to come in while its snowing.  That's the hope anyways.  I would love to see atleast one of these storms verify.  As soon as I feel good enough to get up and outside again I will be looking for mother nature's precursors. 

3 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Up intill covid I almost never got sick. On Christmas eve I came down with my 5th and worst covid infection to date while cooking Christmas dinner. It was supposed to be for my family and completely ruined the family Christmas.  I could really use the the 4th, and or the 7th storms. Unfortunately I'm not feeling very optimistic about either atp. I still haven't got to truly test out my snow mono suit that I spent well over a grand on almost two years ago . The suit should allow me to not need to come in while its snowing.  That's the hope anyways.  I would love to see atleast one of these storms verify.  As soon as I feel good enough to get up and outside again I will be looking for mother nature's precursors. 

Sorry you are not feeling well. Whether covid, flu, etc.....a lot are sick right now.  Bad timing and does suck.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I'll take the January 8th.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

While CTP isn’t showing too much in their winter products at the moment, you might be in line for some snow New Years Day along with the Laurels as a shortwave drops through from the lakes. That might bring in a period of steady snow that could put down an Inch or so west and NW of KAOO-KUNV and what might end up being advisory worthy numbers in the favored upslope areas of Cambria/Somerset. There’s also likely to be a period of snow showers tomorrow in the western half of PA. 

For Jan 6/7, the 6Z GFS looked like we were about to get spanked with a paste bomb of snow and low 30's for highs and then poof...the departing 50/50 and approaching/forming ridge from above bullies it into submission and its gone.   0Z Icon had an almost Gorilla in the Gulf look and was starting a moisture transport from the Gulf as it rounds the base of a trough in the SE.  Snow would have started breaking out near us in the next panel or two...again wet snow as the cold is very marginal.  Icon below first and GFS showing the low getting pushed down. 

image.thumb.png.f5277f4e81b005f5f327e41a33e9696e.png

image.png.68456ec16a5cf90f50f7b82678fce508.png

For Jan 6/7, the 6Z GFS looked like we were about to get spanked with a paste bomb of snow and low 30's for highs and then poof...the departing 50/50 and approaching/forming ridge from above bullies it into submission and its gone.   0Z Icon had an almost Gorilla in the Gulf look and was starting a moisture transport from the Gulf as it rounds the base of a trough in the SE.  Snow would have started breaking out near us in the next panel or two...again wet snow as the cold is very marginal.  Icon below first and GFS showing the low getting pushed down. 
image.thumb.png.f5277f4e81b005f5f327e41a33e9696e.png

image.png.68456ec16a5cf90f50f7b82678fce508.png

I fly back from Cancun on the 8th into Philly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I fly back from Cancun on the 8th into Philly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The 8th is quite mild on the GFS and Euro and well above freezing on the CMC.    50's in Philly on the Euro.   Still not much in the way of BN temps in the next two weeks as progged by Op's. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 8th is quite mild on the GFS and Euro and well above freezing on the CMC.    50's in Philly on the Euro.   Still not much in the way of BN temps in the next two weeks as progged by Op's. 

Seems like the models just want to keep pushing the heart of winter back. Should we be thinking of getting the punting team back out on the field on 1st down?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Seems like the models just want to keep pushing the heart of winter back. Should we be thinking of getting the punting team back out on the field on 1st down?

Prepare to face a Blizzard of info to suggest otherwise!   A lot of it is expectations, I think.  One can argue we have pattern changes on a weekly basis but blue on those 500H anomaly maps does not always mean surface cold will be BN.  I also think some (me included) see the best and have a hard time coming down from it.