Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Strictly speaking models, that seems quite high.  Some progs have you getting under 1'.  Others are 1-2'.

Tonight
Patchy drizzle and fog after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 38. East wind around 6 mph.
Tuesday
Rain with patchy drizzle before 7am, then rain after 7am. Patchy fog before 7am. High near 45. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night
Rain. Low around 43. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Wednesday
Rain. High near 50. Southeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:
Tonight
Patchy drizzle and fog after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 38. East wind around 6 mph.
Tuesday
Rain with patchy drizzle before 7am, then rain after 7am. Patchy fog before 7am. High near 45. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night
Rain. Low around 43. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Wednesday
Rain. High near 50. Southeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday

Their AFD sounds quite a bit different than the zones.  

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...
A large scale negative tilt upper level trough over the
Mississippi Valley this Christmas afternoon will bring
widespread showers to the area later tonight into into Wed. The
chance of rain will taper off on Thursday. While some areas may
see over an inch, the system is not as intense as the one the
other week, and the rain will be spread over several days, so
not expecting to see flooding at this point. The last system had
a warm core and very intense warm advection.

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Their AFD sounds quite a bit different than the zones.  

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...
A large scale negative tilt upper level trough over the
Mississippi Valley this Christmas afternoon will bring
widespread showers to the area later tonight into into Wed. The
chance of rain will taper off on Thursday. While some areas may
see over an inch, the system is not as intense as the one the
other week, and the rain will be spread over several days, so
not expecting to see flooding at this point. The last system had
a warm core and very intense warm advection.

It doesn't match up, wth?

I think others have chimed in before, but their zones are sometimes automated I believe. 
Looks like they are calling for 1.68" of rain by Thu morning in Harrisburg. It's going to be spread out over multiple days though. I get a feeling we are going to be socked in with drizzle and fog for most of the time it's not raining

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Looks like they are calling for 1.68" of rain by Thu morning in Harrisburg. It's going to be spread out over multiple days though. I get a feeling we are going to be socked in with drizzle and fog for most of the time it's not raining

i find this so funny just yesterday local news/weather said dry for the next weeks with mild temps

A foggy AM across the area followed by a pretty gloomy week ahead before sun finally returns by the final weekend of 2023. Rain chances increase toward morning tomorrow with another good soaker on the way. We should see between 1.5" and 2.0" of rain. Very mild weather continues with our temperatures remaining above freezing till the weekend.
Records for today: High 67 (1964) / Low -2 (1980) / Rain 2.50" (1909) / Snow 25.0" (1909). That was the 2nd day of the 1909 Blizzard that began at 8am on Christmas Morning and lasted till 6:30am on the 26th.
image.png.c59ceac28fcb87a9ca1bad944113f4a4.png

Rgem and Nam 3K ramping up totals a bit for tomorrow....over 2" in many central and Eastern PA areas now.    HRRR still nowhere near that and Nam12 focused the heavier rains in N Central PA with 1-2" still in Central and Southeastern PA. 
Are you foggy down there

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Sounds like winter was cancelled in the MA thread lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Still not much in the way of modeled cold air to our north (in early Jan) has caused the lunch menu to be an extra-large melt.   IMO, still way too early to count out anything after the first few days of the month. 

• Like 2