• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Bubbler is correct, this storm sure is tapping into some cold.  Noted below on left entrance region of SLP.  Post storm is gonna be cold for sure.

If only it could have stayed off shore, and not over KPIT, we'd be looking at potentiall a much better event for CTP.  Without NAO/AO help, there is little reason for this not to cut as the return flow of the departing HP from this weekend will flood/ruin our precious thermals pre storm. 

Keep the storms coming and a few tweaks up north and maybe just maybe we'll get ours in a couple weeks.  

gfs_T850_us_17.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I shared this in the Pittsburgh area thread, but figured it would be relevant here as well since there are frequent complaints about the airport readings. I have been seeing a lot of complaints about airport readings everywhere.

Who cares go back to your Pittsburgh hole. 

• Like 1

Good news if correct. I much prefer cold vs. warm leading into Christmas. If it ain't going to be white, at least let it feel festive. 
This. I remember that December when it was warmer on Christmas Eve than the Fourth of July and this was back when I still used social media, and this was pre-2016 social media, and the overall mood throughout the entire holiday season was putrid and to a person, everyone blamed the weather.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

I just can't see how a storm that loaded doesn't drag all the cold air with it on the back to turn it white. That had better happen during a more favorable regime.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

It is sending the 540 line to Dixie but the alignment does not work out and the cold air is so limited vs. creeping just above us. 

image.thumb.png.c978c778ff851a5e1eda8f8a962143e4.png

3 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I shared this in the Pittsburgh area thread, but figured it would be relevant here as well since there are frequent complaints about the airport readings. I have been seeing a lot of complaints about airport readings everywhere.

I know a good place you can stick a thermometer. 

• Haha 1