Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

27.3 for the low this morning. 

You know, a lot of the winter outlooks had a common theme this year - a warm December with little snow followed by a pattern change in January that delivered a grand 2nd half of winter goodness. I speculated at that time (early November) that this place might become unhinged by December if the seasonal forecasts looked on track.

Un-hinging has commenced, I see. :)  

I see no reason why it won't be a good season overall. Unless you just want to say that it won't because it hasn't. I mean, the Cubs didn't win a World Series for like 650 years until they did. 

Just because we've had a succession of crappy winters doesn't mean things won't change. Doesn't mean it will, but there's objective reasoning that says it will. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

27.3 for the low this morning. 

You know, a lot of the winter outlooks had a common theme this year - a warm December with little snow followed by a pattern change in January that delivered a grand 2nd half of winter goodness. I speculated at that time (early November) that this place might become unhinged by December if the seasonal forecasts looked on track.

Un-hinging has commenced, I see. :)  

I see no reason why it won't be a good season overall. Unless you just want to say that it won't because it hasn't. I mean, the Cubs didn't win a World Series for like 650 years until they did. 

Just because we've had a succession of crappy winters doesn't mean things won't change. Doesn't mean it will, but there's objective reasoning that says it will. 

Hope your trip was nice.

Unhinged....sounds a little much IMO. (and the ones that are unhinged arent really from "in" here anyway).  They just come in to kick up the dust.  

I had a response to DT's comments typed, and forgot to hit post, so it went poof when I came back to my puter.

I'll just say that i agree w/ you.  Dec was never really looking good, and it already exceeded expectations for some/many of us CTP'rs.  If we go into Christmas like a lamb (sorta fitting eh??), the bang may happen as we turn the calendar.  No reason for anyone to fret.  Keep being nice, n santa may deliver the goods just a bit late.  NBD.

• Like 3

Saying the Mid-Atlantic LR thread is sad is like saying water is wet. We could get one March 93 event every day for a month and those crybabies would still find something to bitch about. Probably their inability to move the snow because nobody these days can lift anything heavier than their cell phone without getting a hernia.

For the record: I get a hernia every time I use the urinal.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Low Lander snow before January?  I thought that was not a possibility?  :-) 

I think (?) it was WGAL and MU that both called for 1-3" of total snowfall for the month of December, specific for Lanco. That appears on track it seems. 

At least one of those outlets was that specific. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I think (?) it was WGAL and MU that both called for 1-3" of total snowfall for the month of December, specific for Lanco. That appears on track it seems. 

In this case I was sort of picking it up from this point forward and generally commenting that it may be too soon to punt the next 3 weeks. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TimB said:

I just wanted to see if we had good model consensus for next week’s blizzard.

No. You're just a liar. First you said you couldn't pull up the Gfs and now you're lying why you lied in the first place. Congrats....you accurately represent people pushing the lies you believe.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

At least one of those outlets was that specific. 

FYI, ABC 27 last night said Elizabethown recorded 2.3" yesterday.  Dunno who he was chattin w/ but i didnt see that here.  Barely a coating.  @Mount Joy Snowman said he got 1".  Sounds like pockets of good stuff might have happenend.  I was just happy to see anafrontal snow.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

FYI, ABC 27 last night said Elizabethown recorded 2.3" yesterday.  Dunno who he was chattin w/ but i didnt see that here.  Barely a coating.  @Mount Joy Snowman said he got 1".  Sounds like pockets of good stuff might have happenend.  I was just happy to see anafrontal snow.  

Hahaha no way.  Probably a weenie eyeballing it.

59 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Hey, if theres a chance, lets chat it up.  Not sure about the evolution (162-168 a secondary pops due S of primary thats a beast at 989mb, but there is enough cold "close enough" to keep hope alive I guess.  GFS Op 500"s has a 4 contour closed LP of NC coast, and GEFS has 1 contour similarly placed.  GEPS is pos tilted and progressive scooter kinda look.  

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hey, if theres a chance, lets chat it up.  Not sure about the evolution (162-168 a secondary pops due S of primary thats a beast at 989mb, but there is enough cold "close enough" to keep hope alive I guess.  GFS Op 500"s has a 4 contour closed LP of NC coast, and GEFS has 1 contour similarly placed.  GEPS is pos tilted and progressive scooter kinda look.  

Admittedly, at first glance it may seem like a long shot with 1 system coming through with a trailing trough that amplifies thanks to a strong 1st system. Otoh, that's sorta what brought us snow yesterday with a front/trough that moved through and trailing northern stream energy moving to our south. 

Go to this link to the Canadian 132 hrs 5h and surface map then move it forward. You'll see what I'm talking about. Icon is similar, so try that too, but it stops before the end of the run for some unknown reason. 

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gem&region=us&pkg=z500_mslp&runtime=2023121212&fh=132

• Like 1

Icon run finished and did what I  hoped it would do, which is the only way we get snow coincidentally! Lol

The cut off low pulls the surface low back to the NW ala 1/25/00. The run stops after getting snow to us but it would be better if it went out further. At least on the lines of the Canadian imho.

icon_z500_mslp_eus_61 (1).png

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_60.png

• Like 3