Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve been telling em’ there is a 3-5 day window Tgiving week .. possibly the holiday itself that pushes or even exceeds 70 . Signal is quite evident. Factor in it’s been Stein and dry the last month or so, no vegetation and strong zonal west downslope flow. Likely areas will overperform and furnace .Going to be ugly . We may possibly see folks roasting and basting turkeys in pans and aluminum foil  on rooftops , roads , and driveways in the sun. 

70-75 for most of SNE on T day. Higher in the CT Valley, a little lower in the higher elevations of the Worcester Hills. Real possibility of some 80 + readings. Mid 60's to low 70s for Christmas. No significant snow before Jan 15 if we are lucky.

Got up to 64 here today.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Deer are running I saw the biggest buck I've ever seen on my street last night running into the woods. Look like the deer from the Insurance commercial, majestic animal, stopped in the road and turned his head to me, then ran into the woods.

Once in a lifetime story here, I’ve only heard of one other.

Please note: graphic pictures of harvested deer in this post.  A once in a thousand lifetime opportunity arose for our Shop Supervisor Mark Lohmann while hunting in Maine last Saturday.  Mark came across a big buck with his head lowered to the ground which appeared to be fighting another buck.  Mark had a good shot and harvested it.  Come to find out, the two bucks had antlers locked in mortal combat, and the buck on the ground was recently deceased due to a broken neck.  Game wardens were immediately notified, and it was determined that the venison from the grounded buck would go to the state for hunger relief organizations, but Mark could tag the buck he shot and keep the trophies. Congratulations to Mark Lohmann!

IMG_3520.jpeg

IMG_3521.jpeg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I remember the scenes in NJ of all the damage on the coast and having it be covered in snow. Was something else.

Yeah I think some spots down there had over a foot. 

I had about 6.5-7” in ORH for that one. We never got into very strong banding but just a consistent moderate snow all night…really good storm for that early in the year. 

4 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Deer are running I saw the biggest buck I've ever seen on my street last night running into the woods. Look like the deer from the Insurance commercial, majestic animal, stopped in the road and turned his head to me, then ran into the woods.

Might have been this guy. 

https://youtu.be/p1uFcMdOx0U?si=CHkBxMNHKtrzKcK7