• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

I probably slept through any pingers that may have fallen first thing this morning, but I may not have gotten any at all. Temp briefly was around freezing before midnight and hovered there til about 2am when a pretty good southerly breeze mixed down and kept temps in the mid 30s through precip arrival with no drop. Still a raw 35ºF with moderate rain. 

Wind shift and temp change highlighted (approx 140am)

Ambient1121.thumb.png.473a99d3d766d53811975373ce92799f.png

So now the race is on to see how big of a much needed rain event we get today. Most modeling has things in the 1.5-2” range in Central/Sus Valley for this event today/tonight. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

It's quite miserable outside. Cold, windy and rainy. 

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

can confirm. i was outside working for an hour. 

Add me to the confirmation list.  Went out for lunch with the fellas and was colder and just generally more miserable than I expected.  What did they say our high should be today, because man it sure doesn't feel like we're getting there.  Although I guess this is one of those scenarios where the temp rises after sundown due to WAA being more potent than diurnal drops.

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Add me to the confirmation list.  Went out for lunch with the fellas and was colder and just generally more miserable than I expected.  What did they say our high should be today, because man it sure doesn't feel like we're getting there.  Although I guess this is one of those scenarios where the temp rises after sundown due to WAA being more potent than diurnal drops.

Yep.  Midnight high coming up maybe, 

18 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

was going to post something after I came back from lunch.  Mesos had us in mid 40's, but I'm not feeling it....pun intended.  

Its an awesome raw ass late autumnal day.  Might get close, but i'm taking the under. 

Regarding the low/mid 50's for the LSV tomorrow, winds will be WNW, so I'm taking the under there too.  Just my hunches.

38 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

i'm going home soon and starting a fire, pouring a couple fingers of Mr. Jim Beam. that'll take the chill off

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I think temps shoot up tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 50s come morning.

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think temps shoot up tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 50s come morning.

Mesos still have low to mid 50's 7 or 8ish to midnight.   Will see how that works out.   They have low 40's right now which is pretty spot on here and LNS sitting at 43 right now.  The Harrisburg stations are lagging 2-3 degrees.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mesos still have low to mid 50's 7 or 8ish to midnight.   Will see how that works out.   They have low 40's right now which is pretty spot on here and LNS sitting at 43 right now.  The Harrisburg stations are lagging 2-3 degrees.  

Up to 45 here now. I'm impressed with how the temperature is responding this afternoon. Winds are starting to crank and the rainfall rate is increasing. 

• Like 1