• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Autumn 2023

I was surprised to see when I got downstairs this morning that Williamsport was supposed to hit 69 or 70 later on. No such luck ... it never got past 62, which is what we are supposed to have tomorrow. Now that it is October 12, there won't be any more throwback weeks to summer where I have the windows open and it is in mid 70s or even low 80s for days. 

I will have to get used to fall being here to stay plus force myself to accept losing an extra hour of light soon, on November 5.

Weather is such a heavy burden on the mind, isn't it?

I was surprised to see when I got downstairs this morning that Williamsport was supposed to hit 69 or 70 later on. No such luck ... it never got past 62, which is what we are supposed to have tomorrow. Now that it is October 12, there won't be any more throwback weeks to summer where I have the windows open and it is in mid 70s or even low 80s for days. 
I will have to get used to fall being here to stay plus force myself to accept losing an extra hour of light soon, on November 5.
Weather is such a heavy burden on the mind, isn't it?
I love the ice box my room is when we get down into the low 40s with my window wide open

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

We need your input on totals.

I say model huggers and you think of me...you got me!  LOL   

I would be really surprised if anyone here got less than 1/2" and think many get over 1".   The Nam is still splitting much of the LSV (rain to the north and south)  until Saturday night so that will be interesting to see if it comes to fruition.   The 3K is more normal look albeit showery. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Congrats to the Phils, well deserved!

Low of 46 here.  Looks like one heck of a RAW weekend on tap.  Any chance MDT can make a run at the min max record of 48 for tomorrow?  Probably not but could be close.

Some models have been punching the 60-degree line up near the M/D when keeping 40's in the Northern LSV so could be quite difference in a small area. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

As i Pirates fan, yinz know i never have a team to cheer on in post season. So i usually root for the other Pa team if they're in it. Whose their hitting coach? they're hitting ropes right now.

Raw weekend on tap, chuck a couple logs on the fire 

Kevin Long. He was working with Bohm a lot during last night's game. He got him to produce 2 outs instead of just 1 after his talk. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I'm sure we will have warmer weather sometime before it gets colder. We have not had the ladybug invasion yet that occurs every fall.

MR models (op and ensemble) have a similar progression next week as we had this week...the flow backs to coming out of the SW and above normal temps return.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I say model huggers and you think of me...you got me!  LOL   

I would be really surprised if anyone here got less than 1/2" and think many get over 1".   The Nam is still splitting much of the LSV (rain to the north and south)  until Saturday night so that will be interesting to see if it comes to fruition.   The 3K is more normal look albeit showery. 

Seems like the start time of the wet weather is getting pushed back, too. CTP doesn't have raining reaching me until almost noon now. It was looking like a wall to wall washout. Might end up be dry all morning. 

• Like 2

Seems like the start time of the wet weather is getting pushed back, too. CTP doesn't have raining reaching me until almost noon now. It was looking like a wall to wall washout. Might end up be dry all morning. 
But the sun will be gone till later Sunday. It will be the east wind, dreary, drizzling wet free morning

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

you'd make this old boy ecstatic if it didn't rain until noon 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good. Sounds like the perfect weekend for chili and football. 

it sure does

• Like 1