• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

46 here, but that was brief. Clouds came in and held it at 47 for most of the night. No heat on in the house yet this morning or this year however. Toasty 67 now. In January I  had the old cr@p insulation in the attic removed, had them seal all openings and cracks with foam, then blew in R48. That along with replacement windows I  installed 2 years ago, insulating my basement ductwork and other sealing and insulation around the house in my spare time (which is every day now lol), and this house is tight. Just a shame I  have oil heat, but I'm pricing gas and heat pumps now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

46 here, but that was brief. Clouds came in and held it at 47 for most of the night. No heat on in the house yet this morning or this year however. Toasty 67 now. In January I  had the old cr@p insulation in the attic removed, had them seal all openings and cracks with foam, then blew in R48. That along with replacement windows I  installed 2 years ago, insulating my basement ductwork and other sealing and insulation around the house in my spare time (which is every day now lol), and this house is tight. Just a shame I  have oil heat, but I'm pricing gas and heat pumps now.

I need new insulation.  What general price range did you have to pay if you are open to sharing?  

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I need new insulation.  What general price range did you have to pay if you are open to sharing?  

I went with Carroll Insulation in Westminster.  They and 1 other place seemed reputable and dependable of all the places I  cojtacted. The other place just does foam instead of loose fill and that wouldn't work for my place. Carroll is a regional company if not nationwide. It was 3k. It's based on square footage. I had them do the attic over the main part of the house and over the master br, which is over the garage. It would have been cheaper if I  had them keep the old Insulation and just blow in insulation over it. But air infiltration is actually a big culprit for heat loss and this house being built in 78 has a lot of crevices, so I  figured wth, I'll never do it again. Tax credit of 20% if you get it done this year, but I'm sure they raise prices to take advantage of it. Lol

• Like 1

Following the cold front yesterday we have fallen to our coldest reading (44.2) since back on May 31st (44.1). Temperatures over the next 2 days will be typical for Early November. We should warm back up closer to normal for much of the upcoming work week. We should be dry mos of the week with our next rain chances by Friday.
Records for today: High 85 (1916) / Low 28 (1904) / Rain 4.35" (2005)
image.png.a28172c18bf10b9138eaf7eb17e15f2c.png

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

45.7F on the thermometer this morning.

Great day for the I-105 Fallfest Country Music Festival at Longs Park!

Fallfest is actually at Overlook Park in Manheim Township. I only know this because we will be at a party on a private property adjacent to the site where we can hear everything for free :D

• Like 1