• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

10 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I agree! Very few sustained heat waves & lots of breaks in the humidity this Summer.

Beyond the 1 week of heat earlier this month, September has been very pleasant as well. The rest of this week looks to be below normal to normal in the temperature department.

Yes indeed Blizz. Many, many years where I'm begging for summer to end. This summer was a picnic. 

• Like 2

I don’t think I bother him, his smug denier arrogance allows him to dismiss the “haters.” Every single post he makes is tinged with his obvious agenda even if he tries to veil it as some sort of objective data.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is no place for a person who doesn’t think humans are warming the earth on a science forum and it’s a shame that these people are allowed to fester here.
Go ahead, tell me there’s a climate change subforum here or whatever.
Yes the earth is warming. The problems I have is that I have serious issues with the model predictions years and years in the future being taken as gospel when compared to how well the extended euro and cfs even got a multiple month forecast correct let alone the NWS one that is better.
Second all the solutions hurt my family far more than other groups. If it's that life and death than the us military should enforce that no one person having an inkling of business or banking interest in the USA be allowed to have a network of over say $50 million with the rest going to vision the rest of the population. When they start enforcing that then I will take notice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Do you enjoy the whiteout experience?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

i have lost track of the 1000'S of wrestling matches,  football, baseball, hockey and softball games i have been to. the white out was BY FAR the best experience. Even with the rain, the tailgating was at a level i have not seen up there before. I highly suggest it even to people who are not fans.  Your entire body vibrates from the noise. GREAT TIME. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i have lost track of the 1000'S of wrestling matches,  football, baseball, hockey and softball games i have been to. the white out was BY FAR the best experience. Even with the rain, the tailgating was at a level i have not seen up there before. I highly suggest it even to people who are not fans.  Your entire body vibrates from the noise. GREAT TIME. 

Ive got an invite for 10/14 or 10/28 weekends but prob will see if I can get to a white out next year.  Glad you had so much fun.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

An emphatic YES to all of this. 

Saturday night was the 2nd loudest sporting event I've personally attended - only thing that's been louder was Oriole Park on 10/3/2014 when Delmon Young hit a 3-run double in the bottom of the 8th to put the O's on top of the Tigers. People who were staying in the hotel across the street later said that the hotel was vibrating. But that was a singular moment...the entire Whiteout experience is unsurpassed. TV does NOT do it justice. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

An emphatic YES to all of this. 

Saturday night was the 2nd loudest sporting event I've personally attended - only thing that's been louder was Oriole Park on 10/3/2014 when Delmon Young hit a 3-run double in the bottom of the 8th to put the O's on top of the Tigers. People who were staying in the hotel across the street later said that the hotel was vibrating. But that was a singular moment...the entire Whiteout experience is unsurpassed. TV does NOT do it justice. 

father and son in front of us were Iowa fans. said they came just to see it for themselves. They videoed the entire time. Said they were not disappointed other then the outcome of the game.

I was a hurting puppy Sunday though :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

father and son in front of us were Iowa fans. said they came just to see it for themselves. They videoed the entire time. Said they were not disappointed other then the outcome of the game.

No Iowa fans super close to us but I think about that every year...when fans come in from the visiting school, what are they thinking? We were at the PSU-App St. game back in 2018. We had Mountaineer fans all around us, and it was one of the best events I've been to. A LOT of super classy people from Boone, NC were in attendance and it was so much fun conversing with them. They were gawking the entire day at the PSU atmosphere.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sounds like my 10" of rain OBX trip of 2020 - hopefully you still had fun. 

The atmosphere is the most fun, thanks.  Saturday was really the only "bad day".  We drove up to Cape Henlopen/Lewes on Saturday and when the rain stopped for a short bit, we ended up on this small beach named "Johnnie Walker Beach" which was when we saw someone with a handheld wind meter and felt sustained over 50 for about 10 min when we had enough and got back in the car.  If the sand were dry, it would have been a sand blasting.  I did not see any whiskey though. In all seriousness, the beach is named after a Lewes community member that had a restaurant there at one point.)

15 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

If someone is willing to come from Iowa to watch their team get shellacked - just to be part of the experience....that tells me all I need to know about whiteouts :lol:

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No Iowa fans super close to us but I think about that every year...when fans come in from the visiting school, what are they thinking? We were at the PSU-App St. game back in 2018. We had Mountaineer fans all around us, and it was one of the best events I've been to. A LOT of super classy people from Boone, NC were in attendance and it was so much fun conversing with them. They were gawking the entire day at the PSU atmosphere.

Too bad they weren't gawking at our playoff history. :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The atmosphere is the most fun, thanks.  Saturday was really the only "bad day".  We drove up to Cape Henlopen/Lewes on Saturday and when the rain stopped for a short bit, we ended up on this small beach named "Johnnie Walker Beach" which was when we saw someone with a handheld wind meter and felt sustained over 50 for about 10 min when we had enough and got back in the car.  If the sand were dry, it would have been a sand blasting.  I did not see any whiskey though. In all seriousness, the beach bis named after a Lewes community member that had a restaurant there at one point.)

I have several family members that live in Lewes - actually on the main road leading towards the park. I've been to Johnnie Walker beach before, LOL. The winds there are usually a little stronger than surrounding areas, assuming because it is a "cape" that sticks out there a bit. We absolutely love to ride bike through that park. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, paweather said:

Too bad they weren't gawking at our playoff history. :D

Haha! Well, App St. actually has a very proud history and have dominated the Division 1-A field in the past. In my 33 games that I've attended in person, I'm 33-0 now. The App. State game was easily the closest we came to losing. App. St. took the lead with 1 minute left before McSorley took the team down the field to tie it, then won it in OT. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Haha! Well, App St. actually has a very proud history and have dominated the Division 1-A field in the past. In my 33 games that I've attended in person, I'm 33-0 now. The App. State game was easily the closest we came to losing. App. St. took the lead with 1 minute left before McSorley took the team down the field to tie it, then won it in OT. 

Remember the game. Awesome to win and your right about being dominate App state did it without paying a coach 10 years for million of dollars. Time for this coach to step it up or wait a year since there will be more teams in the payoffs next year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Nam now joining the Canadian with appreciable rain Friday into Saturday.  Nam is >1" while Canadian at 12z is just under and inch. This does favor east over west at this point.

Icon says they're both nuts.

At the very least the flow aloft would suggest perhaps a return of weather like today for Thursday night and early Friday. 

Start of next week looks quite warm - 80s quite possible a week from now. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

At the very least the flow aloft would suggest perhaps a return of weather like today for Thursday night and early Friday. 

Start of next week looks quite warm - 80s quite possible a week from now. 

A week ago I  would have been disgusted by that, but my attitude has changed after 2.5" of rain with another 1" possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A proud program indeed.  I was there for that one as well.  Are you really 33-0 in games you've attended at the Beav!?  That's inane.  Do you typically go to more of the early season non-conference cream puff games?  I have no idea how many games I've attended but it's likely around 100, and I have even less of a clue as to what the team's record is in those games haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A proud program indeed.  I was there for that one as well.  Are you really 33-0 in games you've attended at the Beav!?  That's inane.  Do you typically go to more of the early season non-conference cream puff games?  I have no idea how many games I've attended but it's likely around 100, and I have even less of a clue as to what the team's record is in those games haha.

I'd say 25 of the games that I've seen have been against weaker teams. However, my first game was in 1982 against #5 Pitt, whose QB was a guy named Dan Marino. I've also seen games against Wisconsin when they were in the top #10 as well as USC in 1994 when I sat directly behind Franco. 

Here is my introduction to PSU football - game was on Black Friday and I was in complete awe: (you might also recognize the play by play announcer from 41 years ago)

Oh, and yes! I've never seen my beloved Lions lose in person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'd say 25 of the games that I've seen have been against weaker teams. However, my first game was in 1982 against #5 Pitt, whose QB was a guy named Dan Marino. I've also seen games against Wisconsin when they were in the top #10 as well as USC in 1994 when I sat directly behind Franco. 

Here is my introduction to PSU football - game was on Black Friday and I was in complete awe: (you might also recognize the play by play announcer from 41 years ago)

Oh, and yes! I've never seen my beloved Lions lose in person. 

The year of my birth.  I was destined to be a Nittany Lion fan.  So many amazing things about that video, wouldn't even know where to begin haha. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The year of my birth.  I was destined to be a Nittany Lion fan.  So many amazing things about that video, wouldn't even know where to begin haha. 

This was my senior year of high school. Neither of my parents went to Penn State and neither were interested in taking me up when I was growing up. Nonetheless, I followed them from a young age, mostly by listening to Fran Fischer on the radio and watching "TV Quarterbacks" on WITF, a 30 minute weekly review of Penn State's games with Joe Paterno. 

Beaver Stadium has changed a little since my first game. Have to admit, I miss looking out at Mount Nittany...

• Like 1