• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

23 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I've noticed that happen around here multiple times in the summer. It's very odd. One summer night had a steady rain and there was literally nothing over us lol

Hazard a guess its due to the beam height of the radar vs the height of the rain clouds themselves

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Raining harder now than anytime of the event and radar is empty overhead. How? 

Haha that’s what I was referring to earlier with that radar “gap”.  But it did eventually dry up and has been that way for hours now. Think we get our heaviest stuff tomorrow morning. Never got above 59 here today. 

As of 10am we have received exactly 1" of rain so far here in East Nantmeal with 0.30" since midnight. More periods of rain will continue today into tonight much of this due to some local enhancement of the rain due to a modest upslope flow from the east. The weather should slowly improve by tomorrow but smaller chances of rain can continue till Tuesday. Temperatures will continue to run well below normal with highs in the low 60's before warming to closer to normal by the end of the work week.
Records for today: High 93 (1970) / 32 (1963) / Rain 2.79" (1912)
image.png.7e8534d73db87d6a2d7e99d49727a8c4.png

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

An absolutely perfect day for lazy football viewing. 60 degrees with close to 1.2” for event total and a great look to the radar. Love that none of this has been runoff type rain, just a good old fashioned moderate soaking. 

2.04" here so far with moderate rain continuing.

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Whoa quite the disparity. Looking forward to seeing how the final tallies compare for everyone tomorrow morning. 

I got home at 2:30 this morning. :)

Finished with 1.14" yesterday and am now at 1.02 for today. 2.16" and counting. Rain also seems to be more tropical in nature and seems to be "accumulating" efficiently.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my recap of last night as well as a personal challenge to you! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I got home at 2:30 this morning. :)

Finished with 1.14" yesterday and am now at 1.02 for today. 2.16" and counting. Rain also seems to be more tropical in nature and seems to be "accumulating" efficiently.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my recap of last night as well as a personal challenge to you! 

Looking forward to it! 

I got home at 2:30 this morning.

Right about accumulating effectively.

• Thanks 1